Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the 4th be with you

Apparently, today is Star Wars day - hence the name of the blog. Anyway, Mikayla has been having a tooth bother her for the past few days. She hasn't been eating as much, and it hurts her tooth to drink out of a sippy cup (and she doesn't do well with a regular cup) so she hasn't been drinking as much either. I asked her if she bumped it or something but she said no. I didn't see anything wrong with her tooth but went ahead and called yesterday to make her a dentist appt. She is a tough little girl and doesn't complain much, so if she does complain about something - it's because it bothers her a lot. Also, I was worried because this tooth is right next to the other 2 that had to be removed. So anyway, they were able to get Mikayla in at 9:00 this morning. I just love the staff there, they are so nice. The dental hygienist mentioned that she saw me and Mikayla in the newspaper not too long ago. Isn't that kind of odd that someone who doesn't really even know us would remember seeing our picture in the paper? Anyway, Mikayla did pretty good with the hygienist (who is a woman), but when the dentist himself came in - she didn't do so well. She wouldn't look at him, talk to him, or open her mouth for him. When he tried to look in her mouth, she kept her head turned and she had tears running down her cheeks. I felt so bad for her. She hasn't had the best dental experience. The hygienist was able to get an xray done, and they couldn't find anything wrong with Mikayla's tooth. So, besides for the $86 I spent for nothing (with a check # 666), it's a good thing. The dentist did say that it looks like she's starting to lose the root of that tooth, but kids don't usually lose that tooth until they are 6 or 7 (but that shouldn't be causing her any pain). It sounds like she will lose that tooth early and will look completely toothless on top one of these days. She will look like a little old lady, lol.... They figure that she must have just bumped it or something and the pain will go away on its own. But I'm sure this just makes me look like a crazy woman. Incase you don't remember, I went to this dentist awhile back with tooth pain and he said there was absolutely nothing wrong. When we were leaving, Mikayla was given a lip-gloss necklace so that made her happy. She was able to choose from different shapes/colors. When we were in the van, she said, "Mommy, do you know why I chose the heart necklace?" So I said, "No, why?" And she said, "Because I love you". Awwww.....

When I picked Dakota up from school today, his teacher came over to talk to me. She said that Dakota was having a bad afternoon. At 2nd recess, a boy upset Dakota and she had a hard time calming him down. She wasn't able to get him to work on anything the rest of the day. When we were walking to the van, Dakota started crying again, and cried all the way home. I finally got out of him that this boy scared him with a bug. Apparently it was black and white and looked like a ladybug. He's afraid to go to sleep tonight because he just knows that he is going to have nightmares about this bug. The poor guy gets so worked up over things...I feel so bad for him. I wish there was something I could do to make life not so tough for him.

No comments: