Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer is coming to an end

Last week I went and registered Dakota for school. The first day of school is the 19th. I can't believe it's about that time already. I'm going to be sad for him to go back. And I know he is not looking forward to it. We got a paper with a list of all the kids that are going to be in his class. There's only 4 that he knows - and 1 of them is the mean kid that was in his class last year. I don't know what all he did to Dakota, but I remember Dakota being upset last year because this kid would call him Mr. Potato, lol... I don't know where that name came from. But anyway, Dakota is upset that this kid will be in his class again and I'm sure that I'll have a hard time getting him to go the first day (and the second day, and the third...).

On a brighter note, we got approved for reduced lunches for Dakota at his school. The principal had told everyone to apply for it, even if you don't think you will qualify. Well, John makes slightly above the maximum amount - but we went ahead and applied. Now I'm glad we did. I wish we would have applied last year... Anyway, today I applied for disability. I was able to do it online, I think the whole process took about 2 hours, ugh... I had to print off a medical release form and mail it in. Then, I'll probably have to wait for a long time before I hear anything. I've heard that most people that apply don't get approved but I thought, what the heck - won't hurt to try. I have 4 conditions I was able to put on the application. I feel pretty much useless, so hopefully I'll qualify. My brother knows a boy who gets disability for his arthritis, and he uses his money for drugs. People like that make me sick.

No comments: