Thursday, March 4, 2010

Daytrana

Well, the Daytrana isn't working out so well. It has been making Dakota hyper and fidgety. The other day, his teacher told me that Dakota was rolling around on the floor and going after the other kids. Usually he keeps to himself at school. It's good that he is coming out of his shell, but not so good that he is being wild at school. His teacher said that academically, it isn't helping. Tonight I had to take Dakota out to the college for the K.I.D.S program - it's where they stay for an hour once every month, and they do things with the college student that they are paired up with. About 10 minutes after I dropped him off, I texted the college girl and told her that Dakota is on a new med and if he acts hyper or anything, that is why. She texted me back and said "I've already noticed". Dakota is also making some weird noises and I think that he can't help it. Anyway, we go back to the doctor tomorrow thankfully. I tried calling them a couple days ago to explain and their suggestion was to give him more!!! I think they are forgetting that Dakota is not hyper in the first place - the medicine is making him that way. So, I just feel like we need to talk in person. I don't know what they are thinking...

Anyway, I feel kind of bad that I'm always talking about Dakota but never Mikayla. The fact is, Mikayla is happy and healthy and she is doing great! I never really have any updates to give, but that's a good thing!! There is one cute thing that she has been doing lately. Several times a day she'll say, "Guess what?" and after you say "what?" she says "I love you". She's really sweet. But she can also be embarrassing, like any kid. Today, we went to Sonic to get drinks. When the carhop girl came to my window, Mikayla said "Is that a boy or a girl?". And she said it pretty loudly. I wanted to shrink down in my seat. Oh, the joys of parenthood!

No comments: