Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Stupid dentist
Dakota had a checkup today at the dentist, Dr. Snyder. The dental assistant tried to do an x-ray of Dakota's teeth, but he freaked out when she put that thing in his mouth - so she wasn't able to get that done. Dakota is sensitive and scared of everything. So anyway, she cleaned his teeth and that went ok. Then the dentist came in. When he started checking his teeth, Dakota started making noises. They weren't loud noises at all, he was either scared or pretending he was a dinosaur. If you know Dakota, you know that he often makes weird noises - that's just how he is. Anyway, the dentist got really mad for some reason. He started poking Dakota in the forehead, and yelling at him to be quiet because there are other patients in the other rooms and he said that it wasn't a place for fun and games. He was a HUGE jerk. You just had to be there. First of all, Dakota wasn't trying to act all silly or anything. Sometimes I think he doesn't even realize the noises he makes. Secondly, his noises were quieter than the dentists' talking voice (he talks loud), so if anyone was disrupting the other patients, it was the dentist. I'm sure no one else could hear Dakota, but I'm sure everyone heard the dentist yelling at Dakota. Surprisingly, Dakota didn't cry then. I just sat there stunned. I'm so mad at myself for not saying anything. Then the dentist started acting normal, and told me that Dakota needed to see an orthodontist - something about his front teeth. I don't even know exactly what was said, I was too busy fuming. Then he told the assistant to take Dakota out to a different machine for an xray. At this machine, Dakota had to stand there while this thing went around his head. I was proud of him, he didn't freak out. He was probably afraid he'd get yelled at if he did. Then, we were taken back to the room. A few minutes later, the assistant brought the xray in and hung it up, and said that the dentist would be in to look at it. When she left the room, Dakota started bawling. I didn't blame him, I didn't want to see the dentist again either. The x-ray didnt' turned out too good, so the dentist really couldn't see what he was looking for. Anyway, by the time I got home with Dakota I was all worked up. I was telling John about it and started crying, I was so mad. I was so pissed at the dentist, and I was mad at myself for not doing anything about it. I mean, we don't even know what's wrong with Dakota. I don't think he has autism, but something is going on to make him act "different". He can't help some things. So anyway, this pissed John off. John went to the office and confronted the dentist. Of course the dentist denied everything (there were patients who could hear). John started poking the dentist in the forehead like the way he did to Dakota, and the dentist threatened to call the police for assault (what a wuss). John said that we wouldn't be back ever again, and the dentist said, "Do you think that's going to hurt my feelings? In fact, I'd prefer it". I don't remember what else John said, but that's most of it. I should have known not to go back to him again after he messed up my teeth - but I always thought he was so nice and I was afraid to go see someone I've never seen before. I guess the dentist showed his true colors. This dentist has a fancy new office and charges more than anyone else in town. He probably has the most business too. I guess all of that has gone to his head and now he is just a jerk. So I want to ask everyone I know not to go to him. I think he deserves to lose as much business as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment