Sunday, March 14, 2010

Same crap different day

John had his echocardiogram last week. We thought maybe we would find something out that day, but of course not. We were told that the cardiologist wouldn't be working again until Tuesday, and it might even be a couple of days after that for us to hear something. We should have just had this done in St. Joe - I'm sure they have a cardiologist working every day. This is the sucky thing about small towns. So anyway, we are still playing the waiting game.

I had another appointment with my crazy doctor last week. He wants me to increase the Wellbutrin and decrease the Lexapro, and then he will eventually just have me on Wellbutrin. Even though I have told him that I've tried Wellbutrin before and it didn't work as well for me as the Lexapro. Ugh, I swear - men just don't listen. He also told me that I don't seem to trust in anything or anybody. Which I guess is true to a point. And he says I don't talk enough. Hmmm...what a surprise considering I have social anxiety. I guess maybe he expects me to waltz in there and start making conversation, but that's not going to happen. If I'm asked a question, I will answer. Period. He asked me if I needed advice on anything, and to get the focus off of me, I asked for his opinion on Dakota. I kind of explained what was going on with Dakota and he told me to research Asperger's. I did, and for the most part it really doesn't sound like him. I mean, there are a few similarities but I don't think that's it. I did some other research and the closest thing I found is something called ADHD predominantly inattentive. This paragraph that I read pretty much sums Dakota up:

"ADHD-PI is different from the other subtypes of ADHD in that it is characterized primarily by inattention, easy distractibility, disorganization, procrastination, forgetfulness, and lethargy (fatigue), but with less or none of the symptoms of hyperactivity or impulsiveness typical of the other ADHD subtypes."

In other Mackey news, we had to have something replaced on the van. I don't even remember what. Something to do with the brakes I think but it had a different name (I'm such a girl). Anyway, we got that fixed and now the e-brake doesn't work. It worked before. Oh, and we need 4 new tires badly. I'm so relieved we got our tax money back. I'm hoping we will still be able to afford to take a vacation next month. We are planning to drive down to Texas and stay with John's aunt and uncle. I know April probably sounds like a weird time to go on vacation but it will be easier for John to get that time off than in the summer when everyone else will want to take their vacations. And we are just anxious to get away.

Anyway, I actually have something to be excited about. I know this isn't going to excite anyone else, especially those that aren't into the digi-scrap world, but I've been accepted as a designer at a store called Digiscrap Warehouse. It's a store where a lot of well known designers are - including my favorite designer. Anyway, they were having a designer call and I almost didn't apply because I didn't think I'd make it. But the next day I got a response from the store owner and she told me that the things I make are excellent quality. I have such crappy self-esteem that it was really nice to actually hear something good about myself. Anyway, if anyone wants to check out the store, click HERE.

No comments: