Monday, June 1, 2009

sick kids

Nothing much interesting going on lately. Today was supposed to be Dakota's first day of summer school. But he woke up a little before 6 this morning with a fever. Of all days. Today, everyone was supposed to meet in the gym and then find out what classroom they will be in. So, when he does go back to school I won't be sure where he should go. I called the school this morning to let them know that Dakota won't be in, and they said that Dakota has to be fever free for 24 hours before he can come back. So, he won't be going to school tomorrow either. I just took his temp and he is 104.3. Poor guy, I'm sure he feels awful. Mikayla started getting a fever yesterday but it hasn't gotten as high as Dakota's is now. Why is it that kids' fevers always spike up really high after the doctors offices are closed?

Oh great...Dakota finally decides to tell me that his throat hurts. I just looked at it and it looks red and very swollen. No wonder he hasn't wanted to eat anything. I tried looking at Mikayla's but couldn't get her to stick her tongue out so I couldn't really see anything. Wish I would have known this while the doctors office was still open. Guess I'll be calling tomorrow...

No comments: