Well, I sort of did something stupid a couple nights ago. I kind of overdosed on my meds. So, to explain - I normally take 2 tylenol pm at night, about an hour and a half before I go to bed. Then right before I go to bed, I take my birth control pill and my 2 Relafen (for arthritis). Well, that day I finally remembered to get my Lyrica refilled (I was recently prescribed that and had a 1 week trial prescription and kept forgetting to fill the full prescription after that one ran out). Also, on the Lyrica I was supposed to take 1 in the am and one in the pm. But it made me very tired so I called and talked to a pharmacist and she said it would be ok if I took both pills at night. She never asked if I was taking any other meds at night... So anyway, that particular night I forgot to take my tylenol pm beforehand and it was late and I needed to get my butt in bed. So, I took the 2 tylenol pm, my 2 relafen (which are 750 mg each), my birth control pill, and the 2 Lyrica all at the same time. I have always been used to taking a bunch of meds, I thought my body could handle it. Apparently 7 pills at once is too much for me. John was at work and the kids were in bed. About the time I got in bed I started feeling really weird. I called John like I always do, and I was slurring my words, I was dizzy, I was shaky, and I wasn't quite all there. Basically I felt drunk or high or something. And I was starting to run a small fever. John was worried about me but he couldn't leave work because he is the only help desk guy who works nights - and he has to support the entire hospital. Also, he works 45 minutes away. He was about to call an ambulance. I told him that I'd call the nurse help line (through our insurance). I talked to a nurse and she told me to call poison control. They told me that I'd probably be fine, but that they'd like it if someone was with me. So, I called my mom at work (seems like everyone works nights). She came to be with me for awhile. It was kinda scary and it's hard to explain how I felt. I was afraid to go to sleep because I thought I might not wake up. About 3:30 am I started feeling a little better so my mom left and I went to sleep. I had to get up a few hours later to get Dakota ready for his first day of summer school (he was supposed to start on Monday but had been sick). Summer school starts at 7:30, uggg.... But my mom came back over to drive us because I was still feeling pretty woozy and couldn't drive. But I was determined to walk Dakota into his classroom on his first day. I tried really hard to act and talk normally so the teacher wouldn't think I was on drugs. Luckily, Dakota spotted some dinosaurs and went to play and didn't even notice when I left. I was afraid he'd start crying. But anyway, I just didn't feel right all day yesterday. I didn't take my morning med yesterday and I only took half my usual meds last night. I was just really leery on taking anything at all.
We took both the kids to the doctor on Wednesday. Their fevers were gone by then but their throats still looked really red. I thought I better take them incase it was strep. But, it wasn't - just something viral. The doctor said it would go away on it's own so it was a waste of $40 (2 $20 copays). The doc said that as long as Dakota didn't have a fever he could go to school the next day.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment