We've been pretty busy the past week or so. My mom had a dinner last weekend for my birthday - well, it was partly for my birthday and partly a get out of jail celebration for my brother Michael. We hadn't seen much of Michael and it was nice that we all were able to get together - us, my parents, both brothers, and both their girlfriends. And my brother Ryan was sweet and told me that I only look 25. I am afraid that I'm going to be getting crows feet any day now, but so far I just seem to be getting more freckles.
John has been on vacation this past week, and it's been nice having him home. On Wednesday night, Kayla (Ryan's girlfriend) and I went up to the bar to watch John and his friend TJ play their guitars and sing. Wednesday nights they have open mic night for awhile, but John doesn't ever get to do it because he works nights. They did a really good job. I enjoyed watching them, but other than that I thought the bar was boring. I found myself wishing that I was home reading. Yes, I'm a nerd (or book worm as my hubby tells me). I'm not sure why people enjoy going in a smoke filled room with loud music and over priced drinks. Of course, I'm not really a people person. But luckily, I got my drinks for free - though I only drank pop.
We went to Kansas City on Thursday and stayed overnight. We were going to go to Worlds of Fun, but it was waaayyy too hot. With the humidity, the heat index was 105-110. We didn't want to be outside all day. We went to the T Rex cafe instead and did some shopping. Found Dakota some birthday presents. Can't believe he is almost 6. We got home Friday and had to do some cleaning and laundry because we used those bug foggers in the house. Saturday my family had a garage sale at the antique mall that my grandparents own. Of course I was the designated person in charge. I basically sat outside half the day for nothing. There wasn't many people out at all. I didn't even make enough to cover the cost of paying Michael's girlfriend to babysit my kids.
But I have some good news for a change! John isn't going to be losing his job! I guess the hospital decided that it would cost too much to outsource. That is a huge relief!!!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment