I had a dr. appt. earlier today. It was for my fun yearly girly checkup - and I talked to the dr. about my fatigue and weight gain. She said that my fatigue is probably from my depression. I've been on my Lexapro for 5 years now - and she said that sometimes they slowly stop working. That might be why I feel like I'm gradually getting worse. She said my weight gain might also be from the Lexapro. So, she switched anti-depressants. She told me about Effexor - she said that she normally doesn't like prescribing that medication to patients - but she also said that it helps some patients to lose weight. I told her I wanted it! I don't even know why she don't like prescribing it and I never asked. That sounds bad, right? I am just really desperate. My fatigue has gotten so bad - I have absolutely no energy to do any kind of exercise. I can sleep for 10 hours and still need to nap during the day. I'm sure my lack of energy is part of my weight gain problem. And they took some blood to check my thyroid. I had my thyroid tested a few months or so ago and it was right on the verge. I'm supposed to get the results back tomorrow.
Mikayla started getting a fever yesterday afternoon. Today, after her nap, her fever was 103.1. It was around 4pm so I went ahead and called the dr. figuring I would have to wait until tomorrow to get her in. Suprisingly the nurse said to bring her in right away (thanks for your help Christine!!!). The thing that is bothering me is the fact that they can't figure out what is wrong with her. She has no other symptoms besides her fever. Her ears looked fine, her lungs sounded fine, they did a strep test (which Mikayla did not like) and that came back negative. The doctor said that it might be something viral, but she just is not sure. So, I'm supposed to keep giving her motrin and just keep an eye on her. If her fever gets higher or she gets a rash I'm supposed to call the dr. right away.
So, John went to the dr. yesterday - and Mikayla and I today. That is $60 in copays in just 2 days. Ugggg.... Our tenant has not paid her rent last month or yet this month. It's kind of a long story. But anyway, John gave her an eviction notice yesterday. She called him today bawling and saying she didn't want to get evicted. She said that she would pay us in a couple of weeks. I am just sooo stressed. Does anyone want to offer to burn down our house so we don't have to worry about it??? Luckily, OUR landlord said that we could wait until John gets paid next to pay her. It was supposed to be due today.... Have I mentioned that I am stressed????
On the bright side, we got the kid's pictures taken on Saturday and they turned out pretty good. We haven't gotten the actual pictures yet, but they emailed me the proofs today:












2 comments:
Here are the side effects of Effexor. Are you on XR or regular? Do you know? =) Effexor website
I know what you mean about Dr. Visits. Seems like everyone of ours ended with a $25 non formulary script to go with it. Oh well gotta keep the family healthy right?
Pics look good. I can't believe how big Mickey Mack is! Can you believe Emilea is 4 months already? Geez.
Hope Mickey Mack gets to feeling better. Watch that temp.
I was on Effexor and it made me jittery as hell. After telling my doctor she told me to always list Effexor as a drug allergy so I always do that now. Hope it helps you though.
Be very careful with Mikayla's fever. I don't wanna scare you, but my friend's 13-month-old daughter died after having a high fever. (She's on my myspace friend list---Her name is something like "Mommy to 3 kidos and 1 angel".) Her 13-month-old had a high fever. Took her to Cameron Hosp. and was told to just keep an eye on the fever and use Motrin. Come to find out she had an infection that had spread throughout her entire body and it killed her. Now her parents are divorcing and the other 3 kids are in a world of hurt. It's so crazy. But, yeah, I'm not trying to scare ya, but just keep a close eye on her.
Love the pics of the kids. They're so cute!
Post a Comment