Friday, October 17, 2008

Omaha

We got back today from our mini vacation. We left yesterday morning and went to Omaha. We went to the zoo first. It was fun - but a chilly 59 degrees. The kids seemed to really enjoy it, but Dakota got tired of walking so we didn't get to see everything. I think his favorite part was the gift shop. He is so much like me! We let both kids pick out something. Out of all the cute cuddly stuffed animals - Dakota picks out this ugly brownish colored octopus that eerily reminds me of the brown recluse spider that tried attacking me the other day. Luckily, Mikayla went for a cute penguin. After the zoo, we went and found the hotel. John started getting a migraine so he napped for about an hour - until Dakota was complaining that he was hungry. There were some brochures at the hotel of some things to do around town - and one was of a cool pizza place. Dakota saw the pictures in it and had his heart set on that place. John's head didn't get better, but he was a good sport and took Dakota to the pizza place. Luckily, it wasn't very busy since it was a Thursday night. They had a huge buffet - over 100 items. Unfortunately, after we paid for the buffet and found a table - John had to keep heading for the bathroom because he felt like he was going to get sick. He wasn't able to eat anything. After the kids and I ate - then we went and played some games - and Dakota and I even rode a ride together. It was a really cool place! Luckily, John's head started feeling a little better at that time so he was able to play some games too.

We went back to the hotel and went to bed. In the middle of the night, I woke up to an alarm. It kind of sounded like an alarm clock in the hallway. But I guess it was a fire alarm. I heard a fire truck pull up outside so I woke John up to check it out. He went out to the lobby and said that there were firemen and police standing around talking. We figured it must have been a false alarm and went back to sleep.

Today, we went to the Omaha's Children's Museum. There was a crazy amount of kids there! I think there were some field trips going on because there were bus loads of kids. We had to pay extra to go upstairs to the dinosaur exhibit, so luckily it wasn't as busy up there. But after looking at the dinosaurs, Dakota didn't want to stay long. I think he has anxiety over a lot of people. The one thing he tried to look at - some kid pushed Dakota out of the way. I think that really upset him - he is sensitive like his mommy. But we bought him a toy dinosaur so he was happy then. Here are some pictures:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those places really did look like fun.

I think sinus and migraine crap is going on like crazy. I've had really bad headaches lately too. Poor guy. He works so hard and then doesn't get to truly enjoy himself.

Glad the kids had fun. That girl of yours is a doll! She reminds me so much of my neice Savannah.

KoRnyBrad said...

How did John get behind the glass in that one picture? He really needs to shave to. =) Glad you guys had a decent trip. We all need to NC. Jr Motorsports is calling my name.

Brad

Natasha aka. Sticky Kisses said...

wow. That gorilla picture is awesome> happy to hear you had a good time!