Monday, November 24, 2008

Strep Throat

Well, Dakota has strep. His throat is really red and sore looking. I took him to the dr. today. She said that by Thursday (Thanksgiving) he will no longer be contagious. So, if none of the rest of us get it we will still be able to make it for Thanksgiving dinners.

John drove by the house in St. Joe today and of course the tenant is still there. John went to the courthouse and filed papers to take her to court for non-payment and for posession of the house. Luckily, the judge we are getting is the one that is doing her drug case, so that should help! John had a really crappy day trying to get all that done. He kept getting the run around at the court house and nobody would help him out. I can't remember what all he said happened but it was a long story and he ended up cussing out the people there. If you know John at all, you know that it takes a lot to get him angry! $78 dollars and several hours later, he finally got all that done. The tenant should be served the papers tomorrow. John got a $100 christmas bonus today from work - but with the filing charge, and the copay at the doctor - it is all gone.

The other night, I got pretty upset about our situation. I've had a lot of things stressing me out for a while now and I finally got to the point where I cried - which is what I needed to do. Dakota told John that he has never seen me sad before. He went and got his stuffed octopus and gave it to me to make me feel better. He is so sweet. It is funny what a 5 year old can teach you. I was in the "life sucks and then you die" mindset - but then he reminded me what really matters in life. As long as we are all together - happy and healthy - that's all we need for Christmas. We don't need gifts. Our amazing children are the best gift that John and I could ever have. And we will find a way to make Christmas special for the kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't kids the greatest?! I remember a time when I asked my Dakota who he loved more--me or his dad. Now I know this is a horrible question to ask, but I just knew he'd accomodate me and tell me that he loved me more whether he meant it or not just to make me feel good. Well, boy, was I wrong. He looked me square in the eye and told me that he loved us both for different reasons and that he didn't want to answer a question like that! At first I was shocked and a little upset. After thinking about it for a while I then realized how grown up of an answer this was---and this was when he was like 6.

Hailie's constantly writing me notes telling me that she loves me or if she does something that makes me mad then she'll write me a note asking me to forgive her. It's cute.

I think everyone is pretty broke this year and it totally sucks to tell kids that Christmas is gonna suck, but amazingly most of them understand!

Strep throat, huh? I wonder if that's what I have. My throat's been hurting all day.

Shaun got a $100 bonus from his work, but by the time they tax the shit out of it he barely came home with $30.

Hopefully your tenant moves out quick!

Natasha aka. Sticky Kisses said...

That bonus this got is a blessing. Look at this way, it was given right at the perfect time.. where it didn't have to come from your pocket.

Boy, my comment can not stand up to your previous one!

She said it all!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I understand about no money for Christmas and if you have either jeremy or i dont worry about a gift. We told the boys that santa could bring them 2 gifts and not big ones by any means and then they get 2 from mom and dad. If there is anything that we can do to help let us know we will try. Love you guys lots and i think most people in the us would agree there just isnt the money to go around right now.
amie