Mikayla had a checkup on Tuesday. The doctor was sure what Mikayla had was Roseola. Though she said that she hasn't seen a case of it for a long time. Her rash is gone, but today she started running another fever! It was 102.2 last time I checked. Will this ever end? She had a flu shot on Tuesday so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I would think it would have affected her on Tuesday or yesterday - not today. Anyway, Mikayla's height is in the 75 percentile and her weight is in the 50 percentile. The doctor said that Mikayla seems a little advanced for her age. She asked me how many words Mikayla can say - and I went blank and said 15. When I got home John and I were curious so we made a list and it's atleast 30. She can even say Betty Boop! I'm so proud! When we were at the doctor, I overheard Mikayla's doctor and nurse talking about how beautiful she is. That makes me proud too :)
We pick up the kids pictures tomorrow. I can't wait. Thankfully, we have already paid for them. I'm stressing about money. And I am so stressed about a hundred million other things that I haven't even blogged about here. I think I had my first migraine the other night. I'm thinking of seeing a counselor. I don't know if we can even afford it though. I tried seeing a counselor once several years ago but never went back. My least favorite question is "What do you want to talk about?"
Oh, and bad parenting tip of the week: Never tell your son that his pee pee is a gun and that the toilet is a target. It can come back to bite you in the butt.
Good parenting tip of the week: Telling your son that Santa Clause said no more toys until Christmas - because Santa has already built his toys and we don't want to get Dakota something Santa already has for him. I think it just might work! maybe...
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I second what the nurse and doctor said about Mikayla. She reminds me so much of my niece Savannah. They are both the most beautiful babies I've ever seen....and I swear I'm not being biased. I'd honestly tell you if I thought your kid was ugly, but she definitely isn't.
I think everyone is stressing about money. I don't know what this world is coming to. Things are really bad around here. I swore I'd never go back to work again. Guess I was wrong. But that's just how bad things are. I have to go back to work and deal with my IBS while working! I'm SO scared.
I've never really been to a counselor, although I'm the first to admit that I should. I'm always afraid of what they may be writing. (You when you talk and they jot things down---that drives me insane!)
I love your bad parenting tip. That's about as bad as what I did once. I was helping my nephew Mason to potty train. I thew a piece of toilet paper in the toilet and told him that he should aim for that and see if he could make it move. So for a long time he'd use toilet paper just for that every time he went pee. Got kinda expensive after a while!
Love the good parenting tip too. Just wait til Dakota asks you why you lied about Santa and tells you that kids at school told him Santa isn't real! I got that from my Dakota. Here's what I told him: I told him that Santa is a spirit. I asked if when he went to Walmart to buy a gift for a friend if he felt happy and a warmth in his heart. He said he did. I told him THAT was Santa. Hailie still believes in Santa. I know she'll take it really hard when she finds out that he really doesn't exist. But I'll tell her the same thing that I did Dakota. Hopefully she'll understand what I'm saying.
My 3rd paragraph should read "You know when you talk and they jot things down---that drives me insane." I left out a word so it doesn't make much sense!
Post a Comment