I still don't know when my MRI is,
though I know I'm getting 2. One is of the spine, and the other of
the head. On that one they are doing with and without contrast. I
don't know what that exactly means except for the fact that they'll
be giving me something through an IV. I'm used to blood tests, but
IV's freak me out. So, I'm not looking forward to that. They got my
blood test results back though, and oddly enough I have very high
levels of copper in my blood. I'm not sure why I would have high
levels of copper, but leave it to me to have something really strange
going on with me. It's called hypercupremia and having this can
affect your body in crazy ways:
“As copper greatly impacts our
biochemistry, it's not difficult to understand why high levels have
been associated with the following conditions: allergies, anxiety,
fatigue, paranoia, abnormal loss of hair, stuttering, tremour,
opaquely white nails, hallucinations, anaemia, arthritis, acne,
psoriasis, hypothyroidism, frontal headaches, premenstrual tension,
sciatica, post partum psychosis, candida overgrowth, parasitic
infections, eclampsia, fibromyalgia, prostatitis, infertility,
hypertension, autism, ADHD, tinnitus, hypertension, anorexia,
schizophrenia, parkinson's disease, bipolar disorder, depression,
insomnia, neuralgia, senility, and functional hypoglycemia.”
I have several of those issues... I'm
supposed to take a zinc supplement to counteract the copper. It would
be nice if even one of my many symptoms would go away. I'm not
holding my breath though. I was taking a vitamin not too long ago
that had zinc in it, and I stopped taking them because I never felt
any better (and because I'm sick of taking pills).
This website has more info on it:
I don't think I mentioned the Provigil
issue in awhile – that's the medication that's supposed to keep me
awake during the day that the insurance wouldn't cover. The doctor
appealed it and the insurance is now covering it, and I only have to
pay $10 a month for it! Awesome right? Well, it's not helping so far.
I've been taking it for 2 weeks now. On Friday night, I went to bed
at 1:30 – which is actually a little earlier than normal. Saturday
morning, Mikayla tried waking me up but my awesome, wonderful husband
let me sleep because I was so tired. He finally got me out of bed at
probably 1:30 that afternoon. I got up, took my Provigil and ate. I
was weak and exhausted – couldn't stay awake. No more than an hour
after getting up, I went in and sat in my recliner and fell asleep
for 2 more hours. I still didn't feel refreshed, but I was atleast
functional at that time. This is what it's like for me so much of the
time. I can't even explain how tired I am. I seriously can't do
anything. Some days are worse than others. I know that other people
just think that I'm lazy because I don't have a job outside of the
home. It's not like I want to feel like this. I want to have energy.
I can't remember the last time that I didn't feel tired.
Mikayla started getting sick after
school on Thursday. She wasn't throwing up or anything, she just has
a fever, sore throat, coughing... I took her to the doctor on Friday,
and the doctor thought she had the flu, but they did a flu test and
it came back negative. I was just told it was something viral and
would have to run its course. She is still sick though. She wants to
cuddle with me nonstop. She is constantly on my lap. I feel so bad
for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment