Monday, September 10, 2012

RIP Debra

This Saturday, the Maryville Fibromyalgia Support Group is hosting a poker run. It is now a memorial run as well. Yesterday, we unexpectedly lost one of the ladies on our support group. Debra was such a wonderful and giving person. She always reminded me of my grandma Theresa, even though she was only in her 50's. I can't really explain why, just her mannerisms I guess. I don't make friends easily and it's hard for me to open up to people. I guess I usually feel like I can't relate to other people. Our support group is awesome and I have made great friends – we meet every week. Debra and her daughter Leeanna drove from Albany every week just to be a part of our group – even though they had to scrape up the money for gas. I can't even imagine what Leeanna is going through right now. She is only 20 and her and her mom did everything together. Our group is doing everything we can to help raise money for the Burton family. Part of the poker run money will go to her family (and we will have a donation jar as well). I have designed memorial t-shirts that we will be selling and we are also planning a spaghetti supper and silent auction that we will probably have in Albany. We are planning the supper/auction for October 6th, but we aren't positive yet. If anyone has any items to donate to the silent auction, or have any other fund-raising ideas let me know.


No comments: