Friday, May 27, 2011

School's out!

Wednesday was Dakota's last day of school. The next day, he was already complaining about being bored, lol... The kids are surprisingly getting along extremely well, and playing together. I think Dakota has realized that if he doesn't play with his little sister, he won't have anyone to play with. Of course, Dakota has a 1-track mind. Right now his obsession is wrestlers. He can only talk about wrestling, play wrestling, watch wrestling... Mikayla will play with Dakota's wrestlers with him, so he should feel pretty lucky! She knows the name of almost all the wrestlers...

Last week was the end of the semester at the Academy of Art. In my digital tools class, I got an A. I liked that teacher. My other teacher was pretty tough about things. I still don't have my final grade from her yet. Last I knew, it was a B+. In that class, we had to make everything by hand, and it was pretty challenging. With some of our projects, we had to mail them to the school instead of just uploading pictures of the projects. I got my grade for a gift box I made, and she gave me an A on it and told me it was the best in the class! I'm almost positive that she must have gotten my project mixed up with someone else, I can't imagine mine being the best.

Last weekend, my niece Cami stayed the night with us. She brought over a Michael Jackson wii game. It's a game where you have to dance like him. Anyway, Mikayla is obsessed with Michael Jackson now. It's sad really. A couple mornings ago, she woke me up by begging me to start the Thriller video on You Tube. She loves watching it, and it's so funny to hear her try to sing that song. The other day, she asked me to go to my bedroom with her - so we could sit on the bed and have "girl talk".
Me: Oookkaayyy....What do you want to talk about?
Mikayla: Michael Jackson
Me: Why do you like Michael Jackson so much?
Mikayla: Because he sounds like a girl
Me: Yeah, uhh...do you think he's handsome?
Mikayla: Well, Yeah!! (said like "well, duh")

*Sigh* So, I've heard that I had a crush on Michael Jackson when I was about her age. Not that I like to admit that, but it's just strange that my daughter and I had a crush on the same guy - at the same age - 25 years apart from each other! I remembered that I have a Michael Jackson barbie doll from 1984 - he's wearing his Thriller outfit. John and I went out to the garage and found it. Both kids love it. Dakota was disappointed that it didn't come with the zombies from the Thriller video. I also found some of my other things that I had when I was little, like troll dolls and paper dolls. I found my puppy dog that I absolutely loved when I was a little girl. It's kinda beat up. I washed it and gave it to Dakota because he seemed to really like it. It's kind of odd seeing my kids play with toys I had when I was little - it makes me happy to see that though.

Anyway, here are some pictures of things I made in my classes this last semester:

1 comment:

Laura Mentz said...

I LOVE the fact that Mikayla loves MJ. I've always been a huge fan of his and think that he was actually a genius. Good taste, Mikayla! LOL.

Good job on your grades. Sounds like you're doing awesome.

Hmm...maybe Shaun and Brad could play with your Dakota since I know Shaun & Brad both love wrestling too! LOL. They'd get along great. It's good that Mikayla likes to play with the wrestlers and actually likes to play with your Dakota. My kids hate each other. Very, very seldom do they "play" with each other and not get into an argument or fist fight.