Today was the first day of classes. It's a bit overwhelming right now, but I think I will like it. It will help when I get everything I'm supposed to get. I have my art supplies, and my Photoshop book - still waiting on Illustrator and InDesign. Also, I found out that my disc won't open up Illustrator either, so Photoshop is the only software I currently have. I thought I'd hear from JourneyEd today about that but never did. I found some 30-day trials of those on Adobe's website, but still had trouble installing them. John finally had to install Illustrator as International English instead of American English to get it to work. We have no idea why. InDesign wouldn't install at all, so he installed it on his laptop. I have his laptop on a tv tray next to my computer so I can watch the lectures on my computer while I use InDesign on his....ugh... Oh, and I got an Academy of Art shirt last week. Unfortunately, the word "of" is a little too close to the word "art" so it looks like it says Academy o fart...
Last week I had a dr. appt. and I had to take Mikayla with me. On the way there, I explained to her that this Dr.'s name is Dr. Butt. She said, "Ewww...gross!!!". That's exactly the kind of reaction I anticipated, lol...that's why I wanted to get it over with in the van before we went in. Mikayla was really good and just sat there quietly during my appt. The doctor told me that she was a beautiful angel, and he told me that I looked like I lost weight - so he earned some points with me on this visit. Though, he upped my Lexapro dosage. I suppose he thinks I'm still not perky enough. He suggested that I try taking Melatonin supplements to get to sleep instead of Tylenol pm. I've tried it for a couple of days now, and they do make me tired and sleep through the night... but I'm still unsure about them. I've been waking up a little more groggy, but I don't know if it's a coincidence. You would think a vitamin would make you less groggy than tylenol pm. I guess I will try it out a little longer.
I also mentioned to the doctor about how I haven't been feeling right lately. I've been having a light fever and slight upset stomach for at least a couple of months now. The upset stomach has been worse lately (and no - I'm not pregnant). He wanted me to see my regular doctor to get what he called a "work up". I had an appt. with Lisa DiStefano today. I wasn't going to go because of the ice. John couldn't even get to work this morning. His car wouldn't even make it up the little hill out of the drive - instead his car slid back and into the van. No damage - just some scratches. And luckily it was our van and not our neighbor's. Anyway, by 3:00 the parking lot here was salted so I had John take me to my appt. The doctor wanted me to have some blood work done so I went over to the lab area there in the dr.'s office. The lady taking my blood was not the most pleasant, and she had sooo much trouble finding my vein. I don't know what it is, but it seems like the older I get - the worse time the lab people have with my veins. On the first arm, she slid the needle in and out probably a dozen times. It was pure torture. She finally tried the other arm, and after a couple of tries it worked. The blood filled up the vials a lot speedier than normal. I think it was my body's way of getting this lady away from me ASAP...
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment