School starts on Monday, and I am stressing a bit. Things really aren't going right at the moment. I was kind of pushing it to get enrolled, and get all my stuff by the 31st. My software arrived yesterday, and I was so excited. The software is worth a whole heck of a lot, and it's the most important part. I waited for John to get home from work to get it installed for me. He worked on it for hours and it would NOT install. He just kept getting errors. We finally just went to bed around 2 am. Today, while John was at work, I contacted Adobe. Luckily, you can chat with them online instead of having to talk on the phone. Being the sweet husband that he is, John logged all the error messages for me - and wrote down important info for me that he knew Adobe would be asking. I just copied and pasted all million errors into the chatbox. After awhile, the guy had to remote into my computer so he could go in there and take a look at things himself. It's kind of weird sitting there seeing your cursor move around the screen, and boxes popping up and closing all by themselves. Of course I had to set there the entire time in case he wanted to open the chat box back up to ask me questions. I thought I was going to pee my pants. Finally, after 2 1/2 looong hours, he determined that the disc I got is corrupt. That is just my luck too. I mean, he was able to get Photoshop and Illustrator installed - but not InDesign and I might need that on my first day of class. I guess tomorrow I have the joys of contacting the place I bought the software from and seeing if they will send me a new disc. Oh, and I haven't gotten my books yet or my 3 boxes of art supplies that I'm supposed to be getting. As of earlier today, one of my books was in Kentucky and another was in California - even though they came from the same place. Ugh... I think it's time to take a chill pill and go to bed...
Oh, and a quick update on Dakota's appt. yesterday - didn't find out much. Dr. Watson seems kind of puzzled. She didn't notice any major strength issues with Dakota - and wasn't quite sure what all the school was concerned about (though she didn't really do any tests on him - just had him squeeze her fingers and that sort of thing). She said that she would call and talk with Dakota's teacher, gym teacher, occupational therapist, etc... to see if they have any more to add. She is hoping to get that done within the next week.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment