Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Benefit Dinner

Christine and I are working on putting together a benefit dinner for Ryan, Kayla, and Conner. It will be Friday, November 12th from 6-8 p.m. at the Senior Center. We don't have a whole lot of time to plan this, but the senior center didn't have many dates available this month, and I didn't want to wait until December. We still don't have all the details worked out yet, but we are working on it. Christine has been filling out forms to see if Walmart or HyVee would be willing to donate food for the dinner. After we find out how much food we are getting and all that, then we will decide who will be making what. I went up to the Daily Forum today to put the benefit in the paper, and they are going to put it in the Daily Forum and Penny Press for free! I've also made up fliers and have been trying to get them hung up at places. I took one to Ryan's work today,
and the lady working in the office that I had to deal with was our old landlord. I had a feeling that would happen. I don't think she was very happy to see me. I was not looking forward to going in there - if that's not sisterly love right there, then I don't know what is! We also have some cool things we are raffling off. Corkey's boyfriend Ted is putting in an authentic autographed Joe Montana football, John is putting in a Jay Turser electric “Paisley” telecaster guitar as well as Computer tune-up and cleaning, Christine is putting in a Scentsy warmer with some scents, and I bought a breast cancer awareness kitchen set to put in. I think I'll see if any businesses in town would be willing to put an item in the raffle. I got some raffle tickets, and John is taking them to work to try to sell some to those not attending the benefit dinner.

A week or so ago, was Dakota's parent/teacher conference. For the most part, things seem to be going ok. He is still behind all the other kids, but he is picking up on stuff this year. I can tell that he is learning. Between Dakota's regular teacher, and his special ed teachers - the main comment was about Dakota being slow to process things and being easily distracted. Not anything we didn't already know. I asked how Dakota interacts with his classmates and his teacher said that he is very quiet (gee, I wonder who he gets that from). She said that it's mostly the girls he plays with. All the little girls in his class just flock to him - his teacher thinks that the girls see that they are trying to protect Dakota, lol... Whenever he gets upset or anything, the girls try to reassure him. And when he answers a question in class and he gets it right - they will pat him on the back and encourage him. It's so cute!

I'm glad Halloween is over with. I don't really look forward to it. I know the kids enjoy it - but going from place to place is Hell for a socially anxious person. We even took the kids trick-or-treating 3 times. Once at Mozingo, once uptown, and then Halloween night. I was so stressed, I was getting horrible headaches. Anyway, Dakota dressed up as Darth Vader (Star Wars is his new obsession), Mikayla was a pink poodle, and John dressed up as Defendor. I guess that's a movie about a mentally handicapped guy who thinks he's a superhero or something. John put shoe polish on his face, and he was pretty strong smelling. Luckily it didn't give him a rash or anything, but it made his face really smooth, lol... Guess they don't call it polish for nothing, ha ha. I just went as myself this year - I think that was scary enough. John told me to tell people that I was going as "the before picture". Thanks dear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ купить фильмы
для сайта onescrappychic.blogspot.com