Saturday morning we took Dakota to the lab for his blood work. You would have thought we were trying to kill him. John and I both had to hold him down. He was pretty upset for awhile afterward. He was saying, "She hurt me" and sounded like a sad puppy dog. I felt bad for him. We got the results of the lab and x-ray and everything looked normal. That's just one less thing for us to worry about. The increase in his medicine has helped a lot. He hasn't been having meltdowns the past week, and he has been in a better mood.
John went to a visitation tonight. His friend T.J.'s mom passed away. When John left, Dakota wanted to know where he was going. He had lots of questions - Mikayla did too. Some things are just really hard to explain - and really hard for kids to understand. He wanted to know where T.J.'s mom was right at that moment, and I told him that her body was at the funeral home. Dakota said, "Her body??? What about everything else? Where is her head?!?!?". I couldn't help but laugh. I love the way kids think. But I think he is bothered by the whole death thing. He asked me if he was going to get cancer too. Kids ask the hardest questions. I didn't want to tell him that he never would, but yet I just couldn't tell him that I didn't know. I just told him that it wasn't something that he needed to worry about. That seemed to satisfy him, for the moment anyway.
We already have our Christmas stuff up. I'm sure everyone thinks we're nuts. I was just anxious to get it all up this year, I don't know why. Maybe it's just living in a new place... I didn't have to twist John's arm too hard though, I think he was secretly looking forward to it too. He put lights on our back deck the other day. Our little deck has 500 lights on it, lol... It looks very festive! Unfortunately, since we have the tree up - the kids think that Christmas is any day now. That might not have been the best idea. Oh well, it's just that much longer we get to enjoy the decorations.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment