We finally got out of that house. It was pretty sudden though. I had my sights set on the Fox Cove apartments. We would call, and the guy would tell us that there was nothing currently available but he knew something was coming open, so to give him a call in a week. After a few weeks of this, we called again and he said that there was an apartment ready and that he would show it to us the next day. So, the following day we went and looked at it (Oct. 1st). I loved it. The guy said that it was all ready - and that we could move in that day. He even went ahead and gave us the keys, and said that he would catch us the following week to do the lease and get the deposit and first months rent from us. It was just really sudden. If we didn't say we'd take it that day, then it would have gone to someone else. But we felt bad for the lack of notice that we gave our other landlord. Oh well, I'm just glad to be out of that house. It is so nice to sit in our dining room, and not worry about having a roach fall out of the wooden beam above me. I feel sorry for whoever moves in there next. The roach problem isn't as bad there now as it was when we first moved in, but that's because we had to keep on top of it. Ok, so that was mostly thanks to my husband. We used bug foggers and/or sprayed the house often. Also, I'm happy to be away from the water problem. There is one wall downstairs that shows mold really badly. I'd hate to see what it looks like under the carpet with as many times as it has gotten wet. Oh, and no more worrying about brown recluse spiders living in the bushes in the front yard. I am really in no mood to buy a house anytime soon. The house we had in St. Joe had a lot of problems too. I think I'll just be content renting an apartment for awhile.
Moving is really not fun. We have worked our butts off this past week. Well, apparently I didn't work my butt off enough because it is still just as big and I didn't lose any weight. But anyway, we've been crazy busy. We tried moving by ourselves. We really didn't want to inconvenience anyone by asking for help. But it was a bigger job than we thought it would be. You would think that we would remember how much stuff we have since it hasn't been that long since the last time we moved. It's a good thing this apartment comes with a garage...
The day we got the key for the apartment, I was trying to figure out how to open the dishwasher and I broke the handle. It wouldn't open at all. So yep, that makes 2 dishwashers that I broke in about a weeks time. I had to wash dishes by hand. It was torture. Luckily, the maintenance guys here got it fixed quickly. Now, our van is acting up. It keeps trying to overheat. Whenever I have to stop at a stoplight, it gets really hot. For awhile, it helped if I blasted the heat - which sucked on those 90 degree days. Today, I was stuck at a stoplight and a red light came on the dash saying that the coolant was hot. I turned on the heater but it would only blow out cool air. Then, it started smelling like it was gonna start smoking and I started to panic. So, now I am afraid to drive it. I envision it bursting into flames or something. To my defense, we've had a vehicle spontaneously burst into flames so the idea is not so far-fetched to me. We are broke until John gets paid Friday though, so we can't put it in the shop yet.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment