Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This week - in the life of Tishia Mackey

Yesterday, I had a dr. appt. with my Rheumatologist in St. Joe. Mikayla had fun spending the day there together. We went down yesterday morning kind of early and saw tons of dead deer beside the road. I must have seen 10 of them on the way there. My main goal was to go to Borders - I had a $5 coupon because I'm a preferred customer, lol... Not that I go there very much or anything...But anyway, Borders didn't open until 10 so went went over to Target and walked around. We looked at toys so I could get some Christmas ideas. Mikayla basically wants every single girl toy in the store. I'm not joking. She loved everything she saw, so she has a wish list a mile long. And toys are not cheap. One of the things she wants the most is a Dora dollhouse that is $60 or $70. I hope she understands if Santa isn't able to bring that...They had a bunch of Star Wars toys that I know Dakota would love. Anyway, after that we went over to Borders - where I was like a kid in a candy store. Then we went to my appt. The doctor and nurses kept talking about how good Mikayla was being. She just sat there the whole time and wrote in her notebook. Didn't even complain about being bored. I told my doctor about the pain I've been having - I've been having a lot more Fibro pain lately. He said that Fibro pain can be worse than Arthritis pain. Then he told me to come back in 6 months and call if I have any problems. That was it. I've been in almost constant pain lately, and he didn't try upping my dose of Lyrica or anything - I'm on a relatively low dose now. He just said to call if I want to up my dose in the future. Uhhh...that was sort of why I came - to try something, anything... So, my trip to St. Joe was kind of for nothing. It hurts my arms and hands to drive there. But anyway, after that we ate at Wendy's. We also went to Big Lots and then Once Upon a Child (where she kept loudly announcing that she farted). I guess maybe it wasn't such a waste going to St. Joe - we got to spend some quality girl time together and it forced me to get out of the house.

Well, I was denied disability. It wasn't much of a surprise. I'm told most cases are denied the first time and you basically have to get a lawyer and go to court to get it approved. Talking to a lawyer and having to go to court doesn't rank very high on my priority list, so I'm just gonna give up. Time to move on. My dream would be to open a bookstore in Maryville. But, I doubt we'd ever get approved for a business loan - and who knows if it would even go over well in Maryville anyway. Not everyone is as addicted to books as I am. Dream #2 would be taking courses online to get my degree in Graphic Design. The school I'm interested in is the Academy of Art University. It's supposed to be the best Graphic Design school in the country. They have big companies like Nike, Disney, etc... hire their graduates. Of course my dream would be able to work from home. But anyway, the school is really expensive so I need to look into getting grants. I've talked with them, and they need our 2009 taxes. John think that I should wait until we get our 2010 taxes back because he is making less now and we could qualify for more. If I can't get a lot of financial help, I probably just won't be able to go back to school. John and I both still have student loans that are going to take a million years to pay off.

The Benefit Dinner is coming up really quickly, and I am really nervous. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to help out my brother - but crowds of people really aren't my thing. And I'm afraid of things going wrong. I've never put together anything before and I'm just afraid that I'm going to forget about important things. Hy-Vee has donated stuff for me to make chili - but there are still a lot of other things I need to get like stuff to drink, crackers, ice, bowls, napkins, silverware, etc... The senior center won't let us use any of their stuff. Oh well, I will manage. To be continued...

No comments: