Dakota went back to Dr. Watson today. This was the first time that we'd seen her since the school did their evaluation. Since the school decided that Dakota doesn't have a learning disability, and that most of his problem is the fact that they can't hold his attention, Dr. Watson decided to try him on Intuniv. It's medication for kids with ADHD. It can take 3 weeks to notice a difference, and hopefully there won't be any side effects. Luckily she gave us some samples, she mentioned that it's an expensive medication. She also gave us some samples of Abilify after I told her that our copay on that is around $65 a month. John's work recently went with a new health insurance company, and basically...they suck.
Dakota's first field trip is this Friday. All the Kindergarten classes are going to the zoo in Omaha. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I'm kinda freaking out about this. First of all, Dakota's never even ridden the bus so I don't know how he is going to react with his anxiety. Secondly, (and my main concern) is the fact that they don't have seat belts on buses. That bothers me a lot, especially with a trip out of town. The 3rd thing that bothers me is Dakota being in a different city than me. I blame this on MY anxiety. My kids are never away from me, and I have attachment issues. Well, Dakota has attachment issues with me too so I guess it's mutual. The 4th thing that bothers me is the fact that some of the kids aren't real nice to Dakota, and I'm afraid that the teachers will be so busy trying to keep everyone together that they won't notice if kids are being mean. The 5th thing that worries me is thinking about Dakota getting lost. Dakota has trouble "staying on task". He forgets what he is supposed to be doing. I'm afraid he will stop to look at something, or just get lost in his own little world, and the rest of the class will lose him somewhere. I know, I know, it's obvious where Dakota gets his anxiety from and I need a chill pill. Well, I have chill pills. I think I need a tranquilizer.
I had an interesting thing happen the other day. John bought a black light to use for his dj gigs. He turned off the lights at home and turned it on to show the kids. I had just gotten ready for bed so I had my contacts out, and my glasses on. I went over by the black light and John mentioned that my glasses looked weird. So I took them off and my eyes started burning. John said that my corneas were glowing green. I put my glasses back on and I was okay. Another time that I had my contacts in, I went in front of the black light again and I was fine. No burning, no green glowing eyes. So basically, if I have something between the light and my eyes I'm fine. It's like my eyes are missing some coating or something. Really weird...
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment