Thursday, May 6, 2010
Battle with a spider
While we were away on vacation, we had John's friend T.J. use those bug foggers in our house. Anyone who knows me knows I have to have this done several times a year. So anyway, imagine my surprise when I get ready to step in the shower tonight and there's a spider in the bathtub (I'm shuddering now just thinking about it). I'm standing there naked, frozen, not knowing what to do. John's at work. I convince myself to put on my (invisible) big girl panties and kill it myself. I get the cup that's on the side of the bathtub and take it over to the sink and fill it up. Then, after preparing myself for a minute, I quickly fling the water at the spider. The spider jumped straight up in the air (driving the ick-ness factor sky high). Somehow, the water sloshed on the side of the tub, went up and landed on top of the spider (who was in the air), and took the spider down the drain with it. Now that was a smooth move if I do say so myself. I was quite proud of myself. But even though the spider was gone, I still had to muster up the courage to actually get into the shower. I'm not sure I've ever had such a speedy shower. Who cares about hairy legs and pits, I'm not standing around butt naked for the spiders friends to come take revenge. Good thing I have some tylenol pm or I will never get to sleep tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment