I applied at the Comfort Inn. They have an opening for a weekend front desk clerk. The hours would be like, 2-11 or something like that. I think it would be a good job for me. It would get me out of the house a little bit and actually be around people - that might help with my social anxiety. I think my anxiety has gotten worse since being a stay-at-home mom. But I wouldn't have to deal with a constant flow of people coming in, so I think I could manage. Also, I wouldn't have to stand the whole time. And I wouldn't have to deal with finding a babysitter. My dad or my brother would watch the kids for the couple of hours that mine and John's jobs would overlap. And I've worked there before - I was a housekeeper there waaay back when I was 19 or 20. I left on good terms so I'm hoping that will be a plus for me. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I tend to bomb interviews. I'm not a smooth talker. Heck, I'm not even a smooth walker. When I was leaving after dropping off my application, I forgot about the step down and twisted my ankle. Not a great impression. They were probably thinking that if I wasn't coordinated enough to walk, I wouldn't be able to get people checked into a hotel room. I'm such a dork sometimes...
On the topic of my social anxiety...my friend Laura mentioned the fact that I am so open online (like in my blogs). When I'm around most people, I tend to just freeze up. So that's why I started blogging, because I can't be open with people any other way. If I didn't blog, nobody would know anything about me. And I don't even know if hardly anyone even reads my blogs, but I think that being able to talk about stuff and get it off my chest helps. Even if no one is listening...
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm listening ;) And good luck with the job!!!
It is certainly interesting for me to read the article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.
BTW, try GSM blocker to block all spy devices in your home or at work.
good day bros. I'm really into shoes and I was looking as far as something that meticulous model. The prices for the boots were about 330 pounds on every site. But finally I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?
hi ppl. I'm really into shoes and I was digging for that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are about 310 bucks on every site. But for all I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what is your opinion?
Post a Comment