Well, we are back from our vacation. I've actually been back for awhile but I haven't been home. It was a long drive. We left Tuesday evening and got into North Carolina Wednesday night. As soon as we got into NC, I found out that I needed to go back home. So, I never got to see the ocean like I had always dreamed of. Who knows if I'll ever get another chance to do that. We drove to Charlotte and got a hotel. We got a few hours of sleep and then John drove the kids and I to the airport. It was a really stressful experience - because of the reason I had to go back and because I had never flown before. The fact that I had to do it alone with the kids made it worse. I didn't really know what to do at the airport and I started bawling. I guess it was just the stress of everything... and I was afraid to fly. The plane wasn't real big - not like I had imagined. Not like what I saw in movies. I felt a little claustrophobic. The kids did great - I was afraid Dakota would freak out since he is scared of everything. He couldn't wait to fly. And Mikaya fell asleep on my lap before we even took off. Once we landed in Kansas City, I looked out the window and saw cows. I'm guessing cows aren't right beside too many airport runways - what a good representation of Missouri :)
John went ahead and went to the wedding in Wilmington, NC since he was the best man. The wedding was Friday and he got home yesterday (Sunday). I was worried about him making that drive by himself. I called him plenty of times though - I didn't want him to fall asleep. But he is home now and I am so relieved.
John has all this week off of work and I have this week off from babysitting since we were still planning on being in NC. I guess we will just hang out and relax. Just not at the beach.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have tried to give a good understanding of the cause and cure of fear of flying in a video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcx6ZsvKHSA&feature
Sounds like we have alot of the same fears. I'm terrified of flying myself. Sorry you had to come home early. I'm sure you'll get to see the ocean. =O)
Post a Comment