If you haven't heard we are leaving this evening to go to North Carolina. John's friend Troy is stationed there, and he is getting married. John is the best man and it's going to be a wedding on the beach. I can't wait! Here is the link to where we will be staying in Wilmington: http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml%3bjsessionid=WHD2M5RQWZIHSCSGBJC2VCQ?ctyhocn=ILMWVHX
It's going to be a looong drive. It is approximately 19 hours - and that is without stopping. We are leaving this evening so the kids can sleep a lot of that time. John is sleeping now so he will be ready for the drive and I can drive some in the morning if he needs a nap (except for around the big cities - I don't do city driving). My parents are being generous enough to let us borrow their van. That will help a bunch!! We were going to take John's car - our truck has bad gas mileage. John's car gets 35 mpg but it is so small. It would have been an uncomfortable ride. And I am paranoid about getting into a wreck in a small car... So I am very happy to be able to take a van. Besides, with all the stuff we need to pack we probably couldn't have fit it into the car anyway.
Sometime over the weekend, we are going to meet up with my friend Kara. She lives in Maryland, but we are going to meet somewhere in Virginia. We have never met - but we have been good friends online for atleast a year now. I can't wait to see her :)
This will also be a good trip to add to my shot glass collection. When I was younger, my family used to take vacations every year. I would get a different shot glass from each state I visited, and it has always been my goal to get a shot glass from each state in the U.S. I have never been anywhere East. Heck, I've never even been to eastern Missouri. I have been to a lot of states, but only north, south, and west. So, I am excited for this trip. I am very very excited to see the Ocean. I lived in Florida when I was very young and saw the ocean then, but I don't remember it. That doesn't really count - so basically - I have never seen an ocean. I will have to take lots of pictures! Ok - I'm done rambling - now I need to finish packing!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you all are going to have a wonderful time.
Have a great trip and take tons of pics. =o)
Cerese
Have a safe trip!!!
I hope you have a safe trip & have lots of fun. Make sure you get lots of pics!!
Post a Comment