So, we have finally decided that we
would like another child. That will probably come as a shock to many
people since I've said that I'm done having kids. I feel my
biological clock ticking. Maybe it's a mid-life crisis. I just feel
like if it doesn't happen soon, then I will be too old. However... I
have so many issues working against me here. First of all, I don't
know if my body can handle carrying another child. I feel so weak and
exhausted all the time. I know there is a possibility of me feeling
better with time since I'm now on antibiotics for the Lyme, but I've
heard the horror stories of the Lyme never going away – even with
treatment. Also, there is a good chance I have already given Lyme to
the 2 children that I already have, and that their symptoms are just
laying dormant for now. There are so many people in my Lyme group
that have been born with it because their mother unknowingly had it
while they were pregnant. I know there is less of a chance of passing
it to your child if you are on antibiotics during your pregnancy.
Another hurdle in my way is Autism. If you have one child with
Autism, then your chances of having another child with it are good –
especially if it's a boy. But would I have chosen not to have Dakota
just because he would have Autism? Heck no. But a part of me would
feel guilty for bringing another child into this world with Autism
because I see all the issues Dakota faces on a daily basis. Also, I
tend to have issues carrying a child full term. Mikayla was supposed
to be born May 2nd and came April 1st. She had
some issues and wasn't able to come home with me when I left the
hospital, which was hard. Dakota was supposed to be born in the
middle of August and came July 7th. I had that horrible
placenta issue with him and never want to go through that pain again
in my life. I know once you have it, you're at an increased risk of
having it again. Luckily, I didn't have any placenta issues with
Mikayla. But anyway, I just keep thinking – what if I would have
stopped having children after Dakota? Then I wouldn't have Mikayla in
my life. What other wonderful child am I missing out on if I don't
have another kid? I have so much to think about. Luckily, I have a
wonderful supportive husband that is by my side on whatever I choose
to do.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment