I am really frustrated with these
apartments we are living in. I remember when I was so excited to get
approved to live here, now I regret it. They seem to always be doing
housekeeping checks. We got a letter in the mail yesterday saying
that we need to clean the soap scum from our bathtub and that our
apartment is too cluttered. We have to have these issues fixed, and
they are coming back to do another inspection this week. And some
other people are coming the week after to do more inspections. I
don't even know where to put all this stuff that we have – we don't
have a garage anymore to keep stuff in. It's not like we are doing
anything to damage their apartment. I feel like we have no privacy,
and I feel like we are being told how to live. And there's always
other excuses for them to get into our apartments – like, they have
the maintenance guy come in every single month to check the smoke
alarms. I've never lived in an apartment where they've “needed”
to come inside all the time. Then, they have all these stupid rules –
like kids can't ride bikes around here, not even on the sidewalks.
You're only allowed to have patio furniture on your porch, if your
car leaks oil in the parking lot you have to pay for it, etc... I
hope the other tenants are getting annoyed too. Lots of people work
at night and sleep during the day. I know I have trouble sleeping at
night, and I feel like crap all the time, so I always take a nap during the day while the kids are
at school. I don't like feeling like I have to live my life around
someone else's schedule. Maybe I'm being too dramatic, but I am just
so freaking annoyed over this letter we got. I'm tempted to stop
paying rent so they will kick us out. If you leave on your own before
your contract is up, not only do you not get your deposit back –
but you have to pay the apartments rent for each month you have left
in your contract.
We had Dakota's IEP meeting this last
week. These meeting are always a little intimidating because there
are so many people that come. This time around we had the special ed
teacher, his regular teacher, the speech teacher, the Autism
specialist, the assistant principal, a student teacher, someone from
ACES, and the special ed teacher that he will have next year in
middle school. It was nice getting to meet his teacher for next year,
because I am so worried about Dakota going into middle school. The
meeting mostly involved how he is progressing, and having a smooth
transition of his IEP from the elementary school to the middle
school. It sounds like next year, he will have the same classes in
the special ed classroom that he has now. We took the kids with us to
that meeting, even though it was long, because we had nowhere else to
take them. They were good though, they played on kindles and kept
themselves occupied the whole time. Mikayla farted and started
giggling. I tried really hard to pretend that it didn't happen. And
Dakota started talking about his dad in his underpants... in front of
all these people. He was trying to be funny. He doesn't really
understand sometimes that there are times where it's inappropriate to
be joking. It was just...awkward. I swear, sometimes you just can't
take kids anywhere, lol...
It will still be a week or so before I
get the results back from the western blot test. I've started
treatment but I don't really feel much different like they said I
might. I few days after I started the Doxy, my throat started hurting
a lot. It was sore down deep, like around my lymph nodes. And my
throat just felt really swollen. Someone told me that this was a herx
reaction, and that the parasites were starting to die and heading for
my lymph nodes. My throat feels better now though. Now, for the past
several days I've been having mild chest pains on the right side of
my chest. My body pain is slightly worse, but I don't feel like I'm
dying like some other lyme patients do when they are herxing. I'm
also using eye drops for bacterial infections. I guess the doctor
must think that the squiggly lines I see in my vision is from
bacteria. It's kind of gross that I'm seeing that. I'm supposed to
lay there for a little while afterward to let the eye drops get to
the back of my eye. They sting a little though, so it kind of sucks.
I hate regular eye drops, let alone the kind that sting. I'm also
supposed to give myself vitamin B shots, but when I went to fill that
prescription Walgreens told me that they don't carry those. The
doctor also just mailed me a prescription for my low metabolism. I'm
actually excited to start on this medication – I hope it helps. But
Walgreens said that insurance isn't covering it because they said the
dosage is too high. Like they are more knowledgeable than a doctor,
ugh... Walgreens said they will try to get a hold of my doctor and
have him call the insurance.
No comments:
Post a Comment