We have been having a lot of bad
mornings lately with Dakota, including this morning. It is so
incredibly stressful. He is just so strong, it's so hard to get him
to school on the mornings that he is determined that he is not going.
I start taking away electronics for the day when he doesn't behave.
He knows he has to go to school whether he walks on his own, or is
dragged to the car – and he always chooses to do it the hard way.
So now, he can't use the computer or play on his kindle after school.
These things are most important to him, so it makes no sense to me
why he continues to do the things that he knows will make us take
them away. He just doesn't seem to be able to think very logically
sometimes. So, now I'm the worst mom in the world. And he said that
John and I were ganging up on him – he says it's no fair that he
didn't have somebody on his side to help him fight back. Ugh, I'm so
ready to pull my hair out. We are in the process of getting him some
counseling. And fyi – I am blocking Dakota from seeing the link to
this post on facebook. I just have to be able to vent sometimes.
Anyway, I know I haven't blogged for a
long time. We've moved since the last time I blogged and we like our
new apartment. I just wish the front room and dining room were
bigger. Mikayla says it's her “dream house” and she was kissing
her bedroom walls. She says she wants to live here forever. Dakota
doesn't say much, but I think he really likes it too. They have some
pretty strict rules here though. The kids can't even ride their bikes
on the sidewalk. Dakota was just learning how to ride his bike before
we moved, so he is really bummed about that. It took forever to get
him to want to ride a bike.
We've had some spider issues since
we've moved in here. We used to use bug foggers in our home on a
regular basis because of how paranoid I am, but when Dakota got a pet
lizard it put a stop to that. A couple of weeks ago, the kids were in
Mikayla's room and I heard Dakota tell her to get out because he saw
a spider. He told me it was really big. Of course, John wasn't here
at the time. So, I got the bug spray and made Dakota go in the room
with me to help me find it. I mean, he was the one that wanted to be
an exterminator, this should be his job, right? When we went in
there, it was gone. Dakota used a long stick thing to move Mikayla's
toys and dirty clothes around so we could find it (he didn't want to
get too close). Once he moved the toy the spider was under, it
started running like crazy. And it was huge!!! I'm pretty positive
that it was a brown recluse. Dakota left the room screaming like a
girl and ran down the hall (there goes his exterminator career). I
was brave and followed this thing around and sprayed it with bug
spray until it died. I was not going to lose it. The only thing worse
than finding a spider in your home is losing it – especially a
potentially poisonous one. This thing took forever to die. It was
like a small animal. Right afterward, the kids and I went to Walmart
and bought bug foggers. One box I picked up said “Kills spiders
(except brown recluse)” - seriously?!?! That's my reason for
getting bug bombs. I got 2 boxes of the most expensive kind because
they didn't say any crazy lines like “except brown recluse”. 2
boxes might have been a little much for an apartment, but hey – I
haven't seen a spider since! Oh, and we took Dakota's lizard Nuke
over to my parent's house for the night because we didn't want the
fumes hurting it. So, thanks mom and dad for letting a lizard stay
all night with you!


No comments:
Post a Comment