I took Dakota to the doctor last
Tuesday morning for his depression. We saw the nurse practitioner
since Dakota's regular doctor was gone. She was really good with him.
She decided to up the dosage of Dakota's Zoloft, but needed to talk
to his regular doctor first. He took his last pill that night, and we
wanted to hold off on refilling his medicine until they called in the
new dosage. Dakota ended up missing his dose on Wednesday night, and
Thursday morning was one of the worst mornings we've had with him.
Oddly though, his meltdown didn't start until after he was dressed.
All we had left to do was put his shoes and coat on – which was
good because there was no way we could have gotten him dressed
otherwise. Even though it was pretty cold, John had to carry Dakota
outside without his shoes and coat on. He was screaming and crying,
and there was a cop parked right beside our apartment clocking people
driving by. It was pretty embarrassing. Dakota was holding onto the
door frame of the Explorer, and we were trying to push him inside.
With how loud he was, there was no way the cop didn't notice. On one
hand, I was freaking out – afraid that the cop would think we were
hurting our child. On the other hand, I was kind of hoping that the
cop would come over and help us get Dakota in. He never came over
though. John was late for work again and the kids were late for
school. Usually after Dakota gets to school, the rest of his day is
fine. He had a really sensitive day though. He said that nobody was
being mean to him or anything, he just couldn't keep from crying. The
school actually called me and let Dakota talk to me. They've never
had to do anything like that before. Thursday night, he started on
the higher dosage of the Zoloft, and things have been going good so
far. Tomorrow, we go up on the dose even more. I don't think that the
doctor had taken Dakota's fast weight/height increase into
consideration, the dose probably should have been increased a long
time ago. He is basically the size of an adult now (5'0”, 112
pounds). Maybe now things will get better. I hope.
I had an appointment with the breast
surgeon this last week. She didn't seem concerned and didn't think a
biopsy was needed. She told me to get it checked again in 3 months. I
haven't had any pain since around the time I had the ultrasound done,
but the pain started up again a couple of days after that
appointment.
I got an appointment to see a lyme
doctor, but I have to wait until September to get in. In a way, that
is a good thing because the appointment is going to cost me $490 and
I have to pay upfront. They don't file insurance. That amount doesn't
include any testing at all (and I'm told that this doctor is very
reasonably priced). There is a ton of different tests that they do,
but it's up to the patient on what test they get done because it's so
expensive. At the very least, I'll have to have the Western blot
test, which is the best way to check for lyme – and it's $260.
There is no way I can have all the testing done because it will cost
$3,000 - $4,000 for everything. I'm hoping that we can save enough
money by September to just have the bare minimum done.
No comments:
Post a Comment