Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Day of Accomplishments


Today was such a long day. I only got 3 ½ hours of sleep. I was so nervous that even with a Klonopin I still couldn't fall asleep last night. My appointment for the ultrasound was at 8:15. When the girl was doing it, I saw her measuring a couple things on the screen so I was a little worried. But she said that they appeared to be fluid filled cysts – not a solid mass so nothing to be concerned about. They had the radiologist take a look at the pictures, and he wanted me to get a mammogram done just to be on the safe side. I've never had one of those done before, and it made me feel old. And it was kind of painful. It was kind of hard to tell anything on the mammogram pictures. She said I had dense breast tissue (I know, tmi)... That's pretty normal with younger women. Dense breast tissue shows up as just white areas on the pictures. So my pictures were pretty much just white all over. But a mass will show up as a white area... So, she basically said that I didn't need to come back and have another one done until I was 40. Maybe my boobs will be less dense and will be saggy by then or something.

After that appointment (which was a big relief), John and I went to talk to the superintendent about the bullying that Dakota is dealing with. It took a couple of people to give me the push to put on my big girl panties and do it. I just hate any type of confrontation. The superintendent was really nice and seemed like he genuinely cared. The thought of meeting with him was giving me a lot of anxiety. It went well though and hopefully things will get better for Dakota at school.

By the time both of those were over, I had a horrible stress headache. I wanted to lay down for awhile but I had an appointment in St. Joe at 3:00 and we thought it would give us a good chance to do some Easter shopping before we had to go to that. Is it me, or are the girl's clothes at Target kind of hideous these days? I felt like I stepped into the 1980's. Anyway, then we went to lunch at a mexican restaurant. I put hot sauce on my food then went to my G.I. Appointment to talk about my stomach pain, ha ha... I don't know why I do that to myself. I was told that it sounds like I have an ulcer based on my symptoms and how long I've been taking medications. I will have my stomach scoped on Thursday morning. Yay, another thing for me to stress about. I know I'll be sedated and it won't be a big deal. I just don't handle stress very well. And have I mentioned my fear of IV's?

No comments: