Friday, February 22, 2013

A Horny Cat and Other Important News

We finally got our cat neutered. It seemed like every time I turned around, he was humping one of Mikayla's stuffed animals. One day, she came up to me and said, “Mommy, I think Max wants to marry my big pink bear”. When I asked her why she said, “Because he was biting and kissing it”. We took Max to the vet on Wednesday and got him back yesterday. A little while later, I caught him humping another stuffed animal. No crap. His balls look bloody and sore and he is still horny. I swear, nothing can take the horny out of the male species. I thought this neutering thing was supposed to take care of that issue. Guess I was wrong...

Here's a picture of our cute, innocent cat:



I have good news – my MRI came back normal. It's definitely a relief, MS is something I was scared of having. I do wish that I had some sort of answer though to my symptoms. Not only is the tingling in my hands, feet, and back, it's also starting to come up my ankles. Sometimes it feels like a burning sensation with it. My next appointment with the neurologist isn't until the end of March so I'll have to wait until then to see if he has any other ideas.


I'm posting this picture because it's the first time that he's ever gotten the highest score in his class! Of course, it's a small special ed class that probably consists of 5 people - but I'm still proud. He is really good at counting money. This is one of the few topics at school that's he's interested in. Actually he's kind of obsessed with money - kind of like Mr. Krabs from Spongebob.

Dakota's still having bullying issues at school. We only had 3 days of school this week, and one of the days AJ pushed him into the fence, and another day AJ and another boy were throwing wood chips in his face. We wouldn't have even known about the wood chip incident if it wasn't for Dakota's cousin Cami.  She told her mom about it, and Katie emailed Cami's teacher to help keep an eye on him at recess. He said that he would, and that he would let the other 3rd grade teachers know as well. The assistant principal talked with this boy again this week, but I doubt anything comes out of it.

Mikayla is doing well. I know I don't blog about her as much but she just doesn't have that many issues that come up. On Valentine's Day, she told a boy in her class that he was her boyfriend. Apparently he didn't like that idea very much. I had to let Mikayla know that boys don't really like girls until they're a little bit older. She is so extremely shy, so I find it funny that she told this boy that he was her boyfriend rather than asked him if he wanted to be. Maybe that's a sign that she's gonna be a bossy girlfriend... Anyway, Mikayla has a dance recital coming up. I don't have much information yet, other than the date - May 5th. I don't have a time yet. She is a little bummed because she will be performing a tap dance instead of a ballet dance this year (she is learning both). She seems to prefer ballet though. Speaking of which, she is having a ballerina themed birthday party this year. I found some cute birthday decorations that she just loves. I'll be making invitations soon to send out. I can't believe she will be 6 in just over a month.

No comments: