We finally got some good news.
Children's Mercy called me and they had an opening for Dakota next
month for an autism evaluation. I feel really lucky. It takes FOREVER
to get in there. They have a team of doctors that examine your
child's medical records before they will make an appointment with
you. If they make an appointment, then they see a reason for your
child to be evaluated.
Some more good news is that John found
out that we can get cheaper health insurance through another place by
getting it on our own instead of going through his work. Isn't that
crazy? We just assumed that getting it though his work would be
cheaper so we never looked into anywhere else. It's going to save us
a lot of money. We just have to wait until this year is over before
we can switch.
Yesterday I had an appointment with my
psychologist. Apparently I got 2 more diagnosis – sensory
processing disorder and agoraphobia. He wants me to see a
psychotherapist for the agoraphobia and a neurologist for the sensory
stuff. Luckily, there is a neurologist from St. Joe that comes here
once a week – my appt. with him isn't until January. I don't know
yet about the psychotherapist. My appt. to find out the results of my
sleep study is in a couple of weeks.
On Monday, I have an appt. with an eye
doctor. I'm trying a new one this time. Back when I was working at
Vatterott, I started having spots and squiggly lines in my vision. I
was told they were just floaters and not to worry about it. They've
never gone away, and lately they've gotten worse. They are becoming
very distracting and I'm afraid that one day they will just cloud up
my vision. The other day I freaked out because I though I had a
little bug on my pillow but nope – it was just a little spot
floating by... And yesterday, I decided to lay on the couch and take
a nap after my appointment. I had all the blinds open so it was
bright and sunny in the front room. I could actually see the worst of
my floaters when I had my eyes closed. They are much more noticeable
when it's bright. I don't think I've ever noticed them with my eyes
closed until yesterday though...
No comments:
Post a Comment