Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dakota's evaluation is tomorrow!

Last week, I finally got the results of my sleep study. No narcolepsy - I was diagnosed with hypersomnia instead, which is excessive daytime sleepiness. The doctor prescribed Provigil to help keep me awake during the day. However, our insurance company is having issues with it of course. They don't want to cover it and they want the doctor to call them about it. Without insurance, it's $500 for a 30 day supply. It should be illegal for drug companies to charge that much...

Speaking of insurance, John tried getting us on another insurance company because our current one is $600 a month and it is going up in January. They wouldn't cover me though because of my arthritis. That's too bad because they were going to only charge John and the kids $300 a month. Insurance companies suck.

Tomorrow is Dakota's evaluation at Children's Mercy. We have to be there at 8:00 a.m. so it's going to be a really early morning. My worst fear is that they will tell me that he is fine. The guidelines for diagnosing Autism have gotten more strict. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I want my son to have Autism. I just know there is something wrong and I want a diagnosis to get all the help we can for him.

When I picked Dakota up from school yesterday, he told me that he doesn't feel comfortable at his school anymore. I'm not sure what to do, and I can't guarantee that another school will be any better. He seems to be an easy target for kids to pick on because he acts differently than other kids. Would it be so wrong for me to beat up some 3rd grade boys?

No comments: