Friday, July 6, 2012

July already???


This summer is going too fast. My 31st birthday has come and gone. Now, I'm not just merely 30 – I'm “in my thirties”. Which is worse. Before I know it I will be in my mid thirties. Then, my late thirties. Oh, the horror. When I was young, people in their thirties were old. **sigh**

Tomorrow is Dakota's 9th birthday. He is growing up way too fast. I'm not ready for him to be in third grade. He is still pooping his pants. Do you have any idea what it's like to have a baby, and then to STILL be cleaning up their poopy pants 9 years later??? Oftentimes, we have to clean him up 3 times a day. I'm afraid to do anything which would require a babysitter. Unless Dakota can be with John, I don't do anything or go anywhere if he can't be with me. It's embarrassing for Dakota. Kids at school make fun of him. It will be even worse in third grade. I'm about to have a mental breakdown over this ordeal. When will it end??? Do I need to home school him? Doctors have been no help with this issue, ugh...

On top of Dakota's issues, I struggle with my own. I'm having those feelings of worthlessness. I'm sooo exhausted all the time, and it doesn't matter how much sleep I get. I have absolutely no energy and I feel weak all the time. And of course there is the pain – it's ALWAYS there. At least when I only had arthritis, the pain came and went. The Fibro pain is never ending – it just varies in intensity. And no – I don't work outside the home. I'm sure people just assume that I'm lazy because of this. I can't stay awake, and I also can't stand for long periods of time so no job would work for me. I'm thinking about hiring a lawyer to get disability. I'm not sure I can continue to go to school. I don't want people to look at me as a quitter, but I just don't think I can do it. This last semester I somehow made it through with B's. I don't know how, I think the instructors took pity on me or something... The “Fibro Fog” makes it extremely hard to concentrate on anything, let alone remember anything and retain new information. I'm also afraid that getting a degree will be a waste of time and money. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a degree... but I'm pretty sure that one of these days I will be crippled and won't be able to do anything anyway. Most people don't get rheumatoid arthritis until they are old, and still end up crippled. I was diagnosed at 11 so I've had it for 20 years now. I know that I am a pessimist, but I just don't have high hopes for myself. I am so thankful for the girls in my Fibromyalgia group. We all completely understand what one another is going through, and it's so nice to have that.

The pain, anxiety, depression, and all my worries are some of the reasons I love reading so much. I get to escape all that when I'm lost in a good book. Being able to review books is probably what makes me the happiest (besides my family). I don't get paid for it, but I get free books (mostly ebooks). I recently had a really famous author's publicist email me wondering if I would do a review. It's for Gena Showalter's newest book that just came out. Hey, if our Walmart carries it, then it is a well known book because our Walmart has the worst book selection. The publicist is sending me the actual book, not just the ebook so I am totally excited about that. Also, I was chosen to be in the “Street Team” of author C.C. Hunter. Reviewers on the Street Team review books for the author, and help advertise new releases and stuff like that. She only chose 50 people so I feel really honored. She's sending me a package of stuff that will include a t-shirt so I'm super excited.


No comments: