A couple of weeks ago, I took the kids
to the dentist to get their teeth cleaned. Dakota did great, but
Mikayla freaked out (probably from her past dental horror). The
dentist said that she had a cavity and that she needed a tooth taken
out – it was a baby tooth, but the adult tooth had grown in crooked
and the baby tooth was refusing to fall out. He told me to just take
Mikayla to the pediatric dentist that she had been to before in
Kansas City (the time she had to have her 2 front teeth removed).
Mikayla hasn't been having good luck in the dental department. Her
appointment in K.C. was on Monday. This place has this air stuff for
kids to breathe in to make them a little loopy and more relaxed when
they are being worked on. It worked great the first time Mikayla
went. This time – not so much. She screamed and cried the whole
time. She later told me that she was glad that I took her to the
dentist to get her teeth fixed. How odd...
Speaking of dental stuff... We have no
dental insurance. I had to pay up front for the kid's cleanings and
for Monday's visit (and my own not too long ago). We are talking
hundreds of dollars here – it's ridiculous. So, we ended up selling
John's car. Since I don't work outside the home, it will be ok –
but it will be tough sometimes. When school starts I will have to
take the kids to school, take John to work, pick John up on his lunch
break and then take him back to work, pick the kids up from school,
and then pick John up from work. I'm sure there will be times that
will be very inconvenient. I'll feel like a taxi cab driver. Oh well,
crap happens. This way, we have the extra cash to pay off some
medical bills and get the kids school supplies.
Today, Dakota had a checkup with Dr.
Watson. She is pretty sure that he is on the autistic spectrum. She
gave me the phone number to the Developmental/Behavioral clinic at
Chindren's Mercy. I called to make an appt. and they told me they
would call me in 10-14 days for a phone interview before we get him
an appt. Who knows how long it will take for an actual appointment. I
also talked with Dr. Watson about my concerns with Dakota pooping his
pants but she didn't seem concerned about it. I told her that he goes
3-4 times a day in his pants and she said that he shouldn't be going
that much. But he does... Ugh...I feel like she doesn't believe that
his problem is as bad as it is. Anyway, after Dakota's appointment,
then Mikayla had an appointment for her Kindergarten immunizations.
She had to have 4 shots – I felt so bad for her. The poor thing has
had a tough week.
No comments:
Post a Comment