Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June adventures



We went on a mini vacation a couple of weeks ago. We just did 2 nights in Kansas City. We were hoping to go somewhere more exciting but the lack of money put a stop to that. Just going to KC was expensive enough. We sort of let Mikayla pick out the hotel. I was looking at them on hotels.com and had to get up to do something. Mikayla asked if she could look at them, so I told her yes. I came back and she told me that she had found the perfect one – based on the fact that it had a swimming pool and the beds had ruby red bedspreads. It was in our price range and it was in the general location we wanted, so that's what we went with. She was so excited about getting to pick the hotel. So anyway, we took the kids to Worlds of Fun, which cost a zillion dollars. They had tons of fun. I'm getting old. I was ready to leave after a couple of hours...

The day after we got back from vacation I had an appointment with my Rheumatologist. I've been seeing the nurse practitioner the last few times I've gone – I really like her. I told her that I've been in more pain these past several months. She just told me that there isn't really any medication that she can give me to help fibromyalgia pain. She is having me see a doctor that specializes in sleep disorders. I actually saw this doctor several years ago. When I was working at Vatterott, I couldn't stay awake at work and I was referred to her. She put down in my file that I had borderline narcolepsy but I was never diagnosed with it because I don't fall asleep while I'm talking to people. My sleeping issues have never gone away, but I think my fatigue is getting worse. Also, I was talking about how things had gone downhill for me after I had Dakota almost 9 years ago. His birth was pretty traumatizing to my body with having the placenta accreta, and I don't think I've felt right since. The dr. mentioned that maybe I need to see a hormonal specialist. She said that my hormones could have gotten out of whack. She said that there isn't any hormonal specialists in St. Joe yet. There is one doctor that is working on it though. She didn't refer me to anyone anywhere else though.

The other day, I heard a noise in the kid's bedroom and decided to investigate. I went in there and asked what happened. Dakota said that he was “accidentally” jumping on Mikayla's bed. I noticed that her mattress dipped down a little in the middle. I lifted it up, and sure enough one of the boards underneath was busted. Mikayla told me that Dakota “saved her life with softness.” Now her bed is softer... A little later, Dakota told me that he now feels like a superhero. He was so serious about that too. Mikayla made him feel like he had done a good thing. She just didn't want him to get in trouble. How can you get mad at that?

On Friday, we got a new kitten! His name is Max. We were the only ones in our apartment complex without a pet, so we figured, why not? It's yellow and around 5-6 weeks old. Mikayla acts afraid of it – probably because it's so playful. Dakota is in love with it. On Father's Day, Dakota told me that he thought he deserved a present too because he is the cat's father. He said that the cat doesn't have enough money to get him something, so he thought that John and I should buy something for Max to give him. Ha ha...nice try...

1 comment:

Laura Mentz said...

WOF has really gotten expensive, huh? We haven't been there for years, but Dakota got to go with his school and it was outrageous. I asked him to bring home a picture of him riding one of the rides. He came home without one because they cost so much. Ugh.