I feel like I'm the only mom who is
upset about their kids starting school. I mean, seriously, I feel
like crying. It's starts this Thursday. And Mikayla will be in school
all day this year. She is getting nervous and said that she's not
ready to start school yet – which is weird because she LOVED going
to preschool. We got the kids registered last week, and Mikayla's
best friend from preschool is going to be in her Kindergarten class
this year so that is good. Dakota is actually excited to start school
– and that's bizarre because he is the one who would cry last year
about going to school. The little girl who wrote him love letters
last year at the 2nd grade picnic is going to be in his
class this year. I'm happy about that because a lot of kids make fun
of Dakota but I know this girl will be nice to him. I really hope he
can make friends this year.
In happier "news", it felt like Christmas today. Look at this stuff I got in the mail:
This author sent me an advanced review copy of her book that comes out in October, a bag, a t-shirt, bookmarks, pens, and a mini notebook.
I also got a copy of a book in the mail today from an author whose cover I made:
In the weird "news" of the day, take a look at these pictures:
It looks like the grass was on fire. It goes all the way up to where the rocks are around our apartment complex. I have no idea when this happened...
In other "news", look mom - I kept a flower alive!





1 comment:
Ann Heflin hated for school to start after the summer! She loved having us all home with her!
Jenni
Post a Comment