
Tuesday was Mikayla's follow-up appt. in Kansas City. Luckily, we were able to go to the Barry road location. Unfortunately, Mikayla wasn't able to get a different cast yet. She still has the same big and heavy plaster one – but they at least wrapped it for her. They asked her what color she wanted, and I just knew she was going to choose pink, but she surprised me and told them purple. They did more x-rays and the bone is still in place. The specialist we saw said that more than likely, the second smaller bone in her arm is broken too since the large one is – but it's not showing up on the x-rays. We are supposed to go back in 3 weeks and she might get a different cast put on then. She is supposed to be wearing her sling at all times – besides bed time. She stopped wearing it a few days after breaking her arm. I think the sling hinders her more, but she is such a trooper. She is really needy and clingy to me, but she hasn't complained about her arm one bit. She never once even wanted the pain medicine they prescribed for her after breaking her arm.
Today Mikayla went to dance class. She didn't feel comfortable enough going last week. I was able to watch some, and she did really well dancing with her arm in the sling. It was actually funny to see her try to put her arms up above her head like a ballerina. Luckily, the cast should be off by the time the recital gets here in April. But... the dancers are having pictures taken this month and she will still have her cast then. Oh well... Mikayla actually has a tiny little “solo” in their dance performance. There is one point where the other girls kneel down and Mikayla stays standing and kicks her leg up to her hand. She doesn't seem to understand why she doesn't get to do what the other girls do during that part. Hopefully she doesn't get stage fright...
I soooo totally need more hours in a day. And I need my own office. I am so busy with my graphic design job. I currently have 4 people waiting on a book cover from me, another person just inquired about me making 5 or 6 for a series, I need to make someone a banner, I need to make some bookmarks, and I have 2 different people contact me this week about making a logo for them. One person emailed me and said that her and another lady are going to start their own small publishing company and they will need someone to design their book covers... On top of all that, I have school which is stressing me out to no end. Mikayla wants to sit on my lap and cuddle all the time. I can't really turn down these jobs though. I'm lucky I have these jobs, otherwise we wouldn't be able to pay our bills. I'm just stressed.
Oh, and John got his car broken into over the weekend. It was parked at the Civic Arena in St. Joe while John was driving the mail truck. They broke his window, which left glass all over the inside of his car. They stole about 300 of John's cds. Luckily, he had most of them copied to his computer. Of course, the insurance won't cover the cds. They'll cover the window but we have a $250 deductible. John's friend told him that he could get John a new window and install it for $120, so we just went that route.
No comments:
Post a Comment