Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Porn

My rant for the day is about porn. Mikayla was sitting on my lap at my computer, and we were looking at Monster High pictures in the internet. There was one picture that I clicked on to make bigger, and it took me directly to a porn site. I'm not just talking about naked people, I'm talking about graphic shots of people having sex. Very graphic. Up close. I was pissed, and still am. My daughter and I should be able to look at pictures of cartoon characters without being afraid of something like that popping up. I thought that I had internet browsing set on 'safe search'... John installed something on my computer so hopefully I won't have to worry about that any more. Luckily, the only thing Mikayla said was "I saw her booty"... I didn't get any questions about what those people were doing. Yet... I just wish that porn was banned from the internet. I know, that will never happen. Even if it was banned, it would still be uploaded to the net. People can have porn videos and magazines in their homes and I couldn't care less, I just wish it wasn't so easily accessible to children.

But anyway, on to new topics. We got the results of Dakota's blood test, and it looked normal. I don't think they are going to do any more tests though. So, I am thinking that the way Dakota holds himself, and the way he walks is just part of autism quirkiness. I'm always going to have that worry in the back of my mind though. Also, we've been noticing lately that Dakota doesn't know what a lot of words and phrases mean - words and phrases that he uses. We are finding out that he just uses phrases because other people use them. So now, it makes a lot more sense when Dakota says things that make no sense at all. Was that confusing? Hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about.

I know I don't blog as much about Mikayla as I do Dakota, but things just seem to go so "normal" for her - there doesn't seem to be much to say. This past month or so, I've noticed that she acts tired all the time. It doesn't matter how much sleep she gets. She can sleep 13-14 hours at night and still complain about being tired the next day. She is always just wanting to sit with me and cuddle, so it has me worried a little. I know, just my normal overprotective-mother-anxiety kicking in. She is reminding me a lot of myself though about always feeling tired. About a week ago we started buying those Flinstones vitamins - I know she doesn't eat right. She is so picky. The only vegetable I can get her to eat is cold green beans with salt on them. Oh, and french fries and onion rings if you can count them as vegetables. Again, reminds me of myself. But anyway, I haven't noticed any change yet with the vitamins. Of course, I was told I'm anemic not that long ago so I started taking prenatal vitamins and I don't feel any different. And before you ask - no, I don't plan on ever having any more kids. I just take the prenatal vitamins because it was suggested to me.

There is a new Fibromyalgia support group here in Maryville, and they just had the first meeting tonight. I made myself leave the house and go to it. There were only 3 other women there besides the leader of the group, and I have met all 3 of those women. That is a weird thing for me because I don't know many people at all. But anyway, I am the youngest of course. I'm used to that - I'm always the only young person I see when I go to the arthritis clinic. Anyway, I didn't talk much at all but I'm proud of myself for going. It's sort of nice to meet other people who experience the pain (and other odd symptoms) that you do on a daily basis.

No comments: