Well, tonight is Mikayla's first dance recital. It's just through the 9-week dance program she went through at the community center (so it's not her ballet class – that recital will be in April). I can't say that I'm sad these 9 weeks are up. This particular dance class lasts an hour and the parents have to sit outside of the room. It gets reeaally boring. And I'm not a social person. I don't have much in common with the other moms, who sew and bake. Speaking of cooking, I did cook a dvd case by turning on the wrong burner. But that's another story. My upstairs neighbor probably wonders why she randomly hears the smoke alarm go off down here. When the kids ask what that noise is, I say “Oh, that's just mommy's cooking.” But wow, I strayed way off my topic. So anyway. Will I go through these 9 weeks of torture again next year? Probably. Because my little girl loves it.
Yesterday, we went and got Mikayla's hair cut. She needed her bangs cut, and she needed some taken off the back as well. She had never had the back of her hair cut, so the ends looked bad. They were dry and frayed, and her hair tangled like crazy. I mean, the ends of her hair was from when she was a baby. I think she was overdue for a cut, even if some people aren't happy about it. Anyway, Mikayla was not a happy camper when we showed up at the salon. She almost started crying because she was afraid. She ended up doing good though, I told her she was at a beauty salon and that made her perk up. The stylist suggested cutting several inches off so that's what we did. Mikayla loves her new hair cut and she is already asking to go back to the beauty salon again.
I think that things seem a little better for Dakota at school, but it's hard to tell. He doesn't tell me much. I emailed his teacher about the other kids being mean to him and she said that she would pay extra attention to him at recess, and she would tell the other teachers on recess duty. I know that in the past week, he has been pushed around. Dakota also told me that the kids said he was ugly because of his teeth. That makes me soooo mad. In high school, some jerk said that my front teeth were big. He said it in front of the whole class, and of course the teacher wasn't in the room. I have been self conscious about my teeth ever since. I don't think I've ever smiled with my teeth showing in a picture since then. I think I was 16 when that was said to me, and I'm 30 now. People just don't understand how the things they say can affect somebody.
Speaking of teeth... I went to the dentist last week. I knew I had a cavity because I could see it, though it wasn't bothering me. I've never had my teeth cleaned at this dentist office. It was sort of like hell. I'd rather get another tattoo then that pain. It was definitely a deep cleaning. I was there for 2 freaking hours. They also did x-rays. After the dental hygienist took the x-rays, she said, “I'm just curious about something, I'm going to take a couple more but I won't charge you”. When she was done and had the x-ray up on the computer, I heard her say “Interesting”. Then I heard another woman come in and say, “I've never seen that before”. I was getting kind of worried because they weren't telling me anything. Then the dentist comes in and looks at it and says something about not ever seeing that before either. Apparently, the roots of your teeth and supposed to taper off up in your gum line. I have a couple teeth where the roots flare out instead. The dentist said that there would be no way to ever get those teeth out of my mouth, or to ever do a root canal. I've had x-rays at other dentist offices before, and I've never been told that. Now I'm sort of worried about how that could affect me in the future. What if something happens to those teeth, and they need to come out at some point? Just another thing for me to worry about in the back of my mind. So anyway, when the dentist was examining my teeth, he told me that I have 5 freaking cavities. 2 of them are in-between my teeth. They call them “flossing cavities” because people who don't floss get them there. I don't think they believed me when I told them that I floss every single day. Not a day goes by that I don't brush and floss. And I have 5 cavities??? I don't even have dental insurance. I had to pay $150 for that visit and I'm supposed to go back in January to have those teeth fixed. It's going to cost me around $600 and payment is due at time of service. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to come up with that much money. Merry Christmas to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment