Well, it's official - I'm going back to school. I'm enrolled in the Graphic Design program at the Academy of Art University. I'm doing this online - the actual school is in San Francisco. This is going to be expensive. I don't have to pay my loans back until I'm done with school - I just hope I get a really good job! The downfall, is that books and supplies aren't included in the tuition and you have to pay out of pocket for that. I was told that the books and supplies for my first 2 classes would total around $800. I said that there was no way I could do that - and they got an advance on my loan money for me. The check came today so I ordered everything I needed. The supplies include fancy software that costs over a thousand dollars if you bought it anywhere else - the school gets a big discount. I just hope everything comes in time. Classes start Jan. 31st. I'm excited and nervous to get started. I just can't believe all the supplies I need. I will be doing actual art projects by hand - not just the digital stuff like I expected. That's ok - I guess it's better than having to take classes like World History and Geometry.
Nothing too interesting is going on with the kids right now. Dakota's appt. with Dr. Watson was rescheduled because she got snowed in and couldn't make it to work. Now I have to wait til the 25th to see what's going on. We got Dakota's 2nd quarter grade card. There are some areas where he is doing worse. Yesterday, he had a meltdown at school because the teacher was making him do work (the horror!)... I don't know, maybe he really does just get worn out easily. I know that he doesn't usually play the Wii for long periods of time because he gets tired... Speaking of the Wii... there is this fitness thing that you can do and it tests your strength and agility to see what age your body is. It told me that I was 50-something. Jeesh! As if I wasn't already worried about being old to begin with... Atleast I have an excuse... Sadly, Dakota got worse than me. He got 80 I think. Which brings me back to worrying about his strength issues...
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment