Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September

I can't believe that September is already almost over. It's been a pretty busy month. John started his new job on the 7th and it's going great. It's definitely a big adjustment for everybody. John was used to only working 4 days a week, so not having Fridays off is something that feels weird. Dakota had a little bit of a hard time at first. Whenever John worked nights, Dakota would sleep in our bed with me. We started that way back when we lived in St. Joe and we would hear gun shots. Having him sleep with me comforted me just as much as it did him, lol... I think it's hard for him to not get to sleep with mommy anymore, but he has adjusted better than I thought he would.

John had been playing his guitar almost nonstop this month (or so it seemed). He was practicing for playing at his sister's wedding (which was the 11th), and the Union Star festival (which was the 25th). I think it was kind of a stressful month, but he did a great job.

I think I possibly had a miscarriage this month. Last month, I forgot to take a pill or 2 but really didn't think much about it. There were so many other things I had my mind on. I eventually just started not feeling right. Then, about a few weeks ago I started feeling sick to my stomach for several days in a row. Guys might want to stop reading right here. Anyway, about the time I thought, "Holy cow, I feel pregnant" - I started bleeding, and it wasn't even time for my period yet. I bled for 8 days and had cramps and blood clots, and then I stopped feeling sick to my stomach. If it was a miscarriage, I'm sure all the meds I'm on played a factor. And I don't think a pregnancy is meant to be for me anyway, I just don't think my body could physically handle it. If I ever did want another baby, it would have to be planned. I would have to stop all my meds and I just don't think I could do that. Besides, I'm happy with the 2 I have - I'm not sure I could handle another, lol... Mikayla clings to me like crazy, she wants to play ALL DAY LONG - she can't occupy herself anymore, and she talks non-stop. I'm sure she seems shy when we go to family get-togethers, but she's definitely not that way at home. Not only does she talk all day long, she asks "why" about everything. I'm starting to wish I put her in preschool this year, lol...

Anyway, I'm sure everyone already knows, but being the proud aunt I am - I just have to mention that my nephew Conner was born on September 20th. He was early - not due until November 8th. He weighed 5 lbs 4 oz. He is still at St. Lukes, but he is doing good. I know my brother is a very proud daddy. He just can't wait until they can all be home together and be a family.

I woke up this morning, and our kitchen floor was all wet. I started the dishwasher last night before we went to bed. The dishwasher is clogged or something - it has water standing in the bottom of it. I think the dishwasher is on it's deathbed. When I start it up, it makes this loud grinding noise - I feel like it's going to take off or something. Then, the entire hour that it's going it's pretty loud. That's why I run it when we go to bed - I can't stand the sound of it. I just love everything about this house (that was sarcastic by the way). This place makes me not want to be a home owner - we can't afford to fix something every month.

No comments: