I think I might have a little ladies man on my hands. The other day, Dakota told me that he has 7 girlfriends. I asked him if he was a little young to have girlfriends, and he said no. He said he has 7 girlfriends because he is 7 (and he said this like "duh, mom...don't you know anything?). The next day after school he announced that he got kissed on the hand at recess by 2 different girls. He said he didn't mind, but the girls got in trouble because they're not supposed to be kissing at school. No wonder he hasn't been crying this year when I've taken him to school, lol... Another day last week, I noticed that when he came out of the school he was holding a girl's hand. This girl is one of the girls who kissed him, and she is the girl that he talks most about. She is the identical twin of the girl that was in his class last year that he said he liked.
Anyway, we have been looking for another place to rent. For such a nice house, this place has a lot of problems. Last week during one of the storms we had, the kitchen started leaking water from the ceiling. It must need a new roof. Between that, the bugs, the water issue in the basement, and a bunch of other things - we've had enough. We thought we would find something a little cheaper since John will be making less. We've thought about an apartment for now - it would cost a lot less to heat and cool. We checked out the apartments behind the Super 8, but they are based on income and John will be making too much. And no apartments in this town have any available with the college back in session. I'm just feeling frustrated. I don't think we would be able to buy a house for a couple more years or so.
Today we went to St. Joe and took some things to Once Upon a Child. I love that place. They paid us $35 for a trash bag of clothes. We also bought the kids Halloween costumes for like, $6 each. Mikayla is going to be a cute little pink poodle. The costume is adorable, and it will be warm. Dakota got a Robin costume - the Robin from Teen Titans (he loves that show). The price tag showed that is was an 8/10. Dakota couldn't wait to get home so he could wear it around the house (not a day goes by that he doesn't wear a costume around the house). We got home, and he tried to put it on but it was way too small. The tag on the costume itself said small (which is a 6/7). Dakota was soooo upset. He cried for a long time. I found a used one on ebay for $10 so I went ahead and got it. It's a 12/14 which will probably be big but he will be able to wear clothes under it and roll up the pants if we need to. Too big is better than too small.
I still haven't heard yet on the whole disability issue. A couple of weeks ago, they sent me a ton of paperwork to fill out. I think they asked me every question imaginable, like - what I fix for meals. I'm surprised they didn't wanna know what kind of toilet paper we buy too. I feel like I'm getting worse too. For the past couple of weeks or so, I've been hurting non-stop. I've been having to take over-the-counter meds on top of everything else I take. I've also been running a light fever, and just not feeling good. I don't know if that's connected with the pain - or a separate issue. I'm so scared I'm going to be crippled one of these days. And I hate feeling like I can't do certain things, like wrestling around with the kids. Yesterday, Mikayla asked me if I would wrestle with her. She promised she would be gentle with me. It's sad when your 3 year old says that, though it was cute. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad your Dakota is a ladies man. My poor Dakota hasn't had a girlfriend since he was like in kindergarten. lol. And I personally think my Dakota is a good looking boy so I don't know what the problem is. It's good that your Dakota has a gf to help him like school better!!
Thinking about Halloween already, huh? You're better than me! lol.
The disability thing takes forever for them to get back to ya. I wanna say it took them like 6 months with mine and I got denied. I really hope you get it. Especially with the social anxiety disorder I can imagine how hard it would be to get a job! But with my IBS (Diarrhea) they told me that I could get a job somewhere!! I was like "Seriously?????" Yet my friend is bipolar and she got $500 a month disability because they claimed her as being crazy.....yet she is perfectly fine to go drink, smoke, stay out all night and dance, and she still has custody of her kids!! Ignorant!
Post a Comment