Monday, February 2, 2015

Moving on Valentine's Day!


So, our big move is in less than two weeks!! We are moving on Valentine's Day. The initial duplex we looked at ended up getting rented right after we looked at it. We didn't have the money at the time to put down a deposit, so I was bummed. But...I'm glad it happened because we found a place that we like even better! There is a garage and an upstairs & downstairs. Dakota will have the downstairs with his own bathroom, so he is excited about that. The master bedroom upstairs also has its own bathroom. And then there is a 3rd “regular” bathroom that we call “Mikayla's bathroom” so she feels like she has a perk too. I'm excited that the place is carpeted. I hate the hardwoods we have now (or I guess I should call it the fake hardwood look). It looks nice, and I know that a lot of people like it...but it's just not homey looking to me. And it hurts my feet. And is cold. And shows every crumb on the floor.

The duplex is in a good location and the school district that it is in is brand new. It looks like there are several Autism specialists that work there with different grades. The elementary school goes up to 6th grade, so both kids can go to the same school for awhile. I think that will make both kids feel better, getting to be in the same building. Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the school to take the kids down there to tour it, meet the teachers, and do the paperwork to get them signed up. I wish John could go with me. I don't normally drive out of town anymore because of my tiredness. But I will pull over every 10 minutes if I have to and get out so the cold weather can wake me up.

John's new job is going good so far! He started a week ago. The department he is in stays pretty busy though and he doesn't always get off on time. He is on salary now, so he doesn't get paid overtime. John heard that before they hired him and another guy, they were working 70 hour weeks. I hope they don't get to that point again. It will help when we get moved to St. Joe and he won't have all that driving time in the mornings and evenings.

The most recent update on my health stuff is that I have high insulin levels so the doctor started me on Metformin, which is an antidiabetic medication. Also, I still have not started back on my lyme treatments. I saw the doctor last month, and the insurance company was having issues with one of the meds that he wants me to start on. It's called Quinine, and is actually for Malaria... but it can also be used to kill other parasites that get into your body from tick bites. The insurance won't cover it for that though, so my doctor told me to order it from a place in Canada. It only cost me twenty-something dollars. It would have cost a lot more to pay for it out-of-pocket at a local pharmacy. I haven't received it yet, but hopefully I will soon and hopefully I'll start feeling better again.

No comments: