I realized that I haven't blogged in
forever. I've been doing it less and less since I often share things
on facebook, and all the people who read my blogs probably have
facebook by now. But anyway, I went to the doctor yesterday. I
started freaking out the day before when I noticed a lump in my neck,
kind of under my chin. It's common to get swollen glands with lyme,
and I've had it happen to me several times. However, I've never
experienced what felt like a cyst in my neck – and it has never
been in that particular place. So, with my anxiety, I started
freaking out and was thinking the worst possible scenario. But, the
doctor said that it's just a swollen lymph node (submental
lymphadenopathy) – and he gave me an antibiotic for a week. I kind
of think that he probably should have done some blood work or
something, considering enlarged lymph nodes can be caused by several
different things (like cancer)... But I'll try to put my anxiety on
hold to see if it goes away within the next week. I should totally
not ever google any of my symptoms...
So anyway, summer break is over. It
went by way too fast. Mikayla is in second grade now and it seems to
be going ok. She doesn't particularly like going to school because
she doesn't like to be away from me. And she has to walk into the
school now by herself – she doesn't have her big brother to walk in
with her anymore. Dakota is doing ok so far at the middle school. He
was really excited to start. He's not quite as excited now, but he's
not fighting us on going to school (yet). I know that he has cried at
school on two different occasions already. Not because anybody has
been mean to him – I think maybe he is a little overwhelmed but I'm
not sure. He did homework last night for the first time this year,
and had a meltdown about that. So he said that middle school isn't
fun anymore.
We got Dakota his own cell phone. I
found out that I could get him his own line for only 5.95 a month (or
something like that). The kids at school have phones. They're
actually allowed to take them to school. Times sure have changed. We
only got him a simple flip phone though. Texting on those suck! When
I decided on the cheapest phone, I wasn't thinking about how hard it
would be for Dakota to get the hang of texting on that kind. Mostly,
we got Dakota a phone for my own peace of mind. I'm one of those
crazy paranoid mothers, so I worry when my kids are outside playing
and I can't see them. The kids are making a lot of friends at these
apartments, and Dakota will go to their homes to play. When I need
him, I like the fact that I can call him to come home instead of
trying to figure out whose apartment he might be at. I didn't figure
he would even use the phone much, because he's never liked talking on
the phone – but he has been calling people like crazy! He will come
up with excuses to call me just so he can use his phone. It's so
funny. Maybe this will help with his social skills.
We have been wanting to move into a
house and get out of these apartments, but now the kids have made so
many friends here. I'm not used to my kids having friends. After the
apartments FINALLY agreed to let kids ride bikes out here, it was
like all the kids came out of the woodwork. I didn't realize there
were so many kids out here. These apartments drive me nuts though.
Just last week, we all got letters saying that kids are not allowed
to use chalk on the sidewalk. It wasn't exactly a nice letter either.
They have the stupidest rules here. Oh, and we also got a letter
saying that we now have to wash the OUTSIDE of our doors because
there is dust on them. They will check to make sure our doors are
clean when they do the routine housekeeping checks. During the last
housekeeping checks, they got after us for Mikayla hanging a piece of
paper on her door with tape and Dakota had some tape on one of the
posters on his wall. But that same lady hangs her notes on the
outside of our doors with TAPE.
No comments:
Post a Comment