Well, after I emailed the nice teacher about Mikayla's peeing issue - she emailed me back and you could tell she felt really bad. She told me that she would forward the email to the other teacher, who is now being extra nice to Mikayla. Mikayla's appt. went ok. They didn't find anything wrong other than the fact that her urine is very concentrated - which means she doesn't drink enough. The doctor thought that might make it burn a little when Mikayla goes pee, but I have my doubts. She gets really red down there and you can tell that sometimes it really hurts - and she a tough little girl. Mikayla hasn't been drinking as much, because she is afraid to go pee - which is why her pee looks so concentrated. But I'm trying to push liquids down her anyway. We have finally found a way for her to be able to pee without taking her shoes and pants off. She seems to have so much more confidence in that department now. Also, she has graduated from a carseat to a booster seat. Between that, and going to school, she feels like such a big girl. It's so cute.
Dakota is doing ok. I think he is doing a little better with the new medication. He's not getting so upset over things or having as much anxiety. On occasion, he still cries at school. He told me that he really missed me today, and he said that he feels sick to his stomach when he misses me. Awwwww.... that just makes me melt. He has been stuttering a lot lately. Every time he says a word like "gonna" - it comes out "gonnonnonna". I can't help but think it's really cute.
The hard drive in my computer died. John tried everything to get my files off of it. Today he contacted some company in Kansas City that specializes in data retrieval, and they said it would cost anywhere from $400 - $1200. Of course, we can't afford that. I feel so sick over all the stuff I have lost - including pictures of the kids and book covers I was making for authors. Now, I need to spend hours re-making these covers. The good news is that the stock photography websites where I purchased the photography are going to let me re-download everything I have purchased. That's a relief because I have hundreds of photos. Unfortunately, the pics from our camera are priceless and I won't be able to get them back. This is an important lesson that anyone can learn from - get an external hard drive and back up your data often. Especially if you run a home-based business and/or having digital pictures on your computer.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment