Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mikayla

Today when I went to pick up the kids from school, Mikayla's teachers talked to me about Mikayla. Apparently, she got upset in the bathroom today and started crying. She had trouble getting her panties back on. I told them that Mikayla likes to take them all the way off to pee, and one of the teachers (the not so nice one) started talking about how they just don't have time for kids to get half undressed when they go to the bathroom. I don't know why people have to make a big deal about things. I was getting pretty pissed off at this point, but there were people all around us and I didn't feel like getting into Mikayla's bathroom issue there. When I got home I emailed the nice teacher to let her know what's going on. Hopefully she can convince the other one to not be so crabby about things. I don't know if I've mentioned this before (I probably have), but when Mikayla pees it comes out an an angle. It's pretty bad. She has to spread her legs and far as she can, straddle the toilet, and lean forward. If she don't, then the pee will not go in the toilet. That's why she takes the bottom half of her clothes all the way off. Dakota had the same type of problem, but it interfered with potty training so we took him to the doctor. They did some minor surgery to open the opening more. With Mikayla, it really hasn't been an issue. She has found a way to pee and we've never really had a problem with it. We haven't taken her to the doctor, I didn't want her to have surgery there if it wasn't necessary. I shudder just thinking about having surgery there. I got home and started thinking about it, and decided to make Mikayla a dr. appt. She seems to have a urinary tract infection or something so I needed to make her an appt. anyway – and I will get the doctor's opinion on if we should see a urologist and get something done about this. So anyway, I call to make the appt and tell them that Lisa DiStefano is Mikayla's primary doctor. The girl says, “Lisa doesn't have an opening until September 15th, will that be ok?” So I'm like, “No, can we just see another female doctor or nurse practitioner?” and the girl says, “Probably not.” What the heck? My daughter has burning when she pees and this girl thinks I should just let my daughter wait half a month to see a doctor??? The girl finally tells me to hold, and that she would talk to Lisa DiStefano's nurse. The nurse said that she can get us in on Tuesday morning. That's still 6 days away, but I guess it's better than half a month.

1 comment:

Laura M. said...

Ugh, I understand the mean teacher's point about not having time for Mikayla to take her panties off and pee and then put them back on, but she doesn't need to be so mean and rude about it. Some teachers have taught for too long and need to re-evaluate their job choices!! I'm glad you emailed the nice teacher about the problems---hopefully she'll tell the mean teacher about it and she'll feel like an ass!!!!!