Dakota's doctors office finally got back with me this week. He has an appt. with some place in Omaha on April 7th to possibly get an Asperger's diagnosis. I'm really hoping that John can get that day off to go with me. One of the special ed teachers at Dakota's school sent a letter home today. She wants to meet with us when we meet with Dakota's regular teacher on the 17th for parent/teacher conferences. She needs to talk about his IEP - Individual Education Plan.
School is still going ok for me. In one class, I had to buy an expensive bottle of olive oil - then submerge it in soapy water for 5-7 days to get the original label off completely. Now I have to design a new label for it, and I will have to buy some sort of $60 rub-down paper to make the label with. Should be interesting. When I bought the olive oil, I had to take a picture of the olive oil display in the store. I stood in that aisle at Walmart for 10 minutes until it was all clear. Then I tried to discreetly take my gigantic camera out of my purse to take a picture. I was afraid that they would think I was a spy for another store or something, or just a weirdo...
Anyway, today I got enrolled in my summer classes. I was told that the summer classes are only half as long so they have to cover double the amount. It will be like taking 4 classes. I'm going to be reeaallly busy. One class is Photography for Graphic Design. I'm looking forward to taking that one. The other one is Composition for the Artist. That one is a writing course, so I'm not sure how I'll like that. Unless, of course, I can write about vampires and stuff...
Mikayla's birthday party will be Saturday, April 2nd at 3:00. We're having it at Pizza Hut. I got the invitations made today and now I need to order some party supplies. She had a hard time deciding what kind of birthday party to have. I thought she had decided on Strawberry Shortcake, but at the last minute she decided on My Little Pony. I just can't believe she is going to be 4 already.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment