Monday, November 10, 2014

Holidays

It amazes me at how mad people get when they see Christmas lights up before Thanksgiving. I mean, people really get their panties in a bunch over this! Yesterday, I saw a post online of a woman comparing greediness to putting up decorations early. Wow. She was saying something about it not showing the true meaning of Christmas. If somebody wants to put their lights up early, because it makes them happy to look at their lights, and YOU get pissed about it – then you need some anger management classes. I don't know why people make a big deal about things that people do that doesn't hurt others. So, this woman who was complaining.... I hope she never puts up lights or other decorations (besides a nativity scene), and I definitely hope that she never celebrated Santa Claus – because that would be highly hypocritical.

The other thing that amazes me is the Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays debate. Say whatever you want to say! Let other people say whatever they want to say! I'm talking about this picture that I'm always seeing people pass around facebook:



People seem to forget that Christmas isn't the only holiday celebrated around this time of year. There is Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc... The term “Happy Holidays” encompasses everyone. That's a good thing, right? Also, many people I know have Christmas celebrations starting Thanksgiving through New Years. There's a lot of holidays right there together, so really...I don't see what the big deal is. Why can't people just stop griping and start respecting others of different religions?



No comments: